1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AJC: A Closer Look at the Falcons' Prospective Free Agents

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Frayser, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Two guys on here that I've been beating the drum for:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/a-closer-look-at-1021261.html

Blalock won't come cheap, but he's an easier get than Logan Mankins. You have to like his durability and that point about his Wonderlic score and not being out of position is important when considering he'd be lining up next to the rookie Pouncey. I see Blalock as a more affordable, long-term option at LG than Mankins.

This will all depend on how they feel about Kory Sheets, but if we're in the market for a change-of-pace back, I think Norwood might be a good option, even with the injuries. My one concern, and I haven't looked at the splits, would be like CK pointed out with Reggie Bush. Perhaps the turf has been part of the issue with respect to his injuries, but how much has it also played in to his playmaking ability?

2. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Blalock is a good choice because he is a LG, which would allow Cog to move to RG, his better position.

3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    That's the other guy I wanted to take a closer look at on NFL Game Rewind, Jerious Norwood!