1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After Dodging the Broncos, Dolphins 'Why Not' to Playoffs?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Disnardo and SICK like this.
  2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I really, really, really don't like all this playoff talk we are getting, I want these guys focused on one thing, the Seahawks.

Larryfinfan, jdang307, SICK and 4 others like this.
  3. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Bro how long has it been for us to even think about the playoffs here? If it is inspiring them, motivating them, and keeping them fired up, let them go, and have some fun.:up:

4. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    I agree completely Greg. One game at a time please. If he dangles the word playoffs to them it might make them complacent. I don't want them that way. I want them to fight every game. If we get to 8 or 9 wins, THEN start dangling the p word.

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  5. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    We haven't had a Dolphins team with swagger since Dan retired, let's play like there is no tomorrow!:hi5:

6. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Yeah, they have succeeded in not being out of it. No reason not to mention where we are and how we got here and where we could be headed if we play like we have shown we can play.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  7. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I love the playoff talk. Those guys should believe that they are a playoff team. Some of you seem to think these players will lose focus at the drop of a hat. They're grown men, not five year olds. They know what they need to work on to win.

8. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I want us to have a winning record before we even start talking about the playoffs. We haven't had one of those since the end of 2005...

9. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

um there's no reason why we can't be focused and pound the snot out of people and talk playoffs.

10. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    why do people act like if you mention playoffs you are not focusing on the game at hand... thats where the playoff talk comes as motivation...

Sparano: "You guys wanna make the playoffs? lets go out and win this game!"

and so you can focus on the seahawks and the playoffs... i dont see why people think its a bad thing...

mullingan, Fin Fan In Cali and anlgp like this.
  11. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    But many of them act like 5 year olds.

njfinfan and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  12. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Every party has a pooper.:tongue2:

njfinfan and NJFINSFAN1 like this.
  13. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I just like to stay focused on the next game, I can't worry about two months away, if I don't take care of business today, I won't be here in two months.

anlgp likes this.
  14. anlgp

I understand the concept. Every game for us after the NE game I've been so optimistic yet so freakin' scared we're going to get our *** handed to us like we did last year. I'm happy to say that while we may have lost to the ravens and the texans we haven't had our butts handed to us since AZ. A loss still sucks but at least we're in the games.

njfinfan likes this.
  15. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Bro staying focused, motivated, and having a goal of reaching the playoffs, and super bowl is the ultimate goal of professional football players. We have the right coach to use this as a huge motivational factor to keep this team believing in one another, and the whole team concept. Okay I am off my soap box now.:lol:

16. anlgp

wouldn't that be winning the SB?

17. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Yes, however you need to first get to the playoffs before eyeing the big dance. Once you get to the playoffs, it is like a new season so to speak.

18. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Did an edit.:hi5:

19. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Well, we need to get over 500 first, and pass three teams in the division to reach that goal. I'm a firm believer in the one game at a time focus. I have coached a long time and have seen people get distracted and not stay focused on the main goal, the next opponent.

Baby step, get a game over 500 should be goal number 1, Than goal # 2 should be passing teams in our division, step by step. You can't reach for the gold ring until you get onto the Merry go round first, than the horse second.

Fin Fan In Cali and cnc66 like this.
  20. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I guess I don't mind using playoffs as a motivator. I just hope Sparano can keep the team focused on taking things one game at a time.

21. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    If we as Dolphin fans start thinking we are a playoff team, will we accept anything less?
    This is the only thing I am concerned about, I just hate to see and hear the negative posts if we start thinking playoffs and it doesn't happen.
    I think the chance this team can become a playoff team is great and exciting considering what we have been through as of late but can we accept the fact that we may not be that good yet. We are still the last place team in our division and I would be excited if we could climb out of that position and move closer to the top. We were the worst team in the NFL last year and we have already achieved a measure of respectability and that is a movement in the right direction. Teams all over the NFL are copying the wildcat and that in itself is a compliment to what our coach and team have been accomplishing.
    I am satisfied in what they are achieving and what they have accomplished so far, if they make the playoffs would just be gravy, but I am not expecting it nor will I be disappointed if they don't. GO DOLPHINS

22. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    We haven't talked playoffs in years, so as a fan, I have no problem talking about it. I just hope that the players and coaches remain focused and taking it one game at a time.

23. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I'd also like to see a nice winning streak. So far it's been two two two two.

24. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Playoffs?!

[​IMG]

25. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Good post bro. Perhaps Tony has the carrot dangling out a little further from there nose.:wink2:

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  26. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I think the first thing to talk about is the possibility of a positive win Miami Dolphin team. It's been years...

27. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    there is nothing wrong with having Playoffs as a goal as the season progresses. Like FFIC said, when was it the last time, we mentioned "playoffs" in a positive way?

28. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    i like it because i think this 'why not' mentality is coming from sparano, as we've heard it from a few players too. instead of saying "playoffs? f yeah!" or "of course!", we are saying, hey, why can't we be a playoff team? you want to write us off? go for it. we'll prove you wrong.

its more of a underdog attitude towards playing for the playoffs. it reminds our guys of the chip on their shoulders that was last season. i like it.

29. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I actually think it provides a swagger when you say why not. It gives you a goal rather than being the 2006 team which recovered and then was like ummm what are we playing for at the end of the season.