AFC East preview - video!

28 replies

cobrajetcobrajetNew MemberOP
Jun 14, 2010, 07:41 PM

I don't agree with this video clip at all, but it has some good info and was worth sharing

Cobrajet

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jun 14, 2010, 07:45 PM

Booooooooooooooooooooo!

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

cobrajetcobrajetNew Member
Jun 14, 2010, 07:46 PM

They are picking the JETS? I think we might have a little bit to say about that.

cobrajetcobrajetNew Member
Jun 14, 2010, 07:48 PM

Lots of good info there but I have no respect for their prediction. Rex Ryan's "swagger" as they call it, is nothing more than arrogance. I liked his dad (Buddy Ryan) but Rex Ryan is a jerk.

cobrajetcobrajetNew Member
Jun 14, 2010, 07:53 PM

Ryan is a jerk, and his over confidence will cost him big this year as the sophomore jinx sets in. I like in the video how no one talked about our transactions at all, just New England and NYJ. These folks are crazy. I think we'll surprise them all and do so quietly.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Jun 14, 2010, 08:43 PM

j/k

Yes... yes. Hype the JETS to oblivion ESPN. Ah, help them up the faulty ladder that is expectations. Higher and higher.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

GMJohnsonGMJohnsonNew Member
Jun 14, 2010, 08:53 PM

Whats the problem? Everyone knows the Jets are best team in NFL history. Im just happy that the NFL is still allowing us to play games this year, even though we have zero chance of competing with NE and NY.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Jun 14, 2010, 08:57 PM

"GMJohnson wrote:

Whats the problem? Everyone knows the Jets are best team in NFL history. Im just happy that the NFL is still allowing us to play games this year, even though we have zero chance of competing with NE and NY.

Thank our lucky stars we were able to luck out and go 3-1 against those two. They're so much better it's not even funny.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Jun 14, 2010, 09:00 PM

That's not an AFC:E preview, it was a New York Jest preview.

I like being under the radar though. Let everyone else get the hype.

PHPhinatic425New Member
Jun 14, 2010, 09:53 PM

"silence dogood wrote:

Lots of good info there but I have no respect for their prediction. Rex Ryan's "swagger" as they call it, is nothing more than arrogance. I liked his dad (Buddy Ryan) but Rex Ryan is a jerk.


Yeah I love how Rex was so confident, then he lost his confidence when he thought that they could no longer make the playoffs. And after they beat the Colts high-flying JV squad led by the almighty Curtis Painter and he realized they could make the playoffs he all of a sudden got his "swagger" back. What a chump.

It's Sunday Morning, Where the Phins at?

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Jun 14, 2010, 10:00 PM

"Phinatic425 wrote:

Yeah I love how Rex was so confident, then he lost his confidence when he thought that they could no longer make the playoffs. And after they beat the Colts high-flying JV squad led by the almighty Curtis Painter and he realized they could make the playoffs he all of a sudden got his "swagger" back. What a chump.

Chump... oooooorrrr... Champ?

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

PS17PS17New Member
Jun 14, 2010, 10:26 PM

"cobrajet wrote:

Ryan is a jerk, and his over confidence will cost him big this year as the sophomore jinx sets in. I like in the video how no one talked about our transactions at all, just New England and NYJ. These folks are crazy. I think we'll surprise them all and do so quietly.

"Phinatic425 wrote:

Yeah I love how Rex was so confident, then he lost his confidence when he thought that they could no longer make the playoffs. And after they beat the Colts high-flying JV squad led by the almighty Curtis Painter and he realized they could make the playoffs he all of a sudden got his "swagger" back. What a chump.

Boo Hoo

Jun 14, 2010, 10:42 PM
"cobrajet wrote:

I don't agree with this video clip at all, but it has some good info and was worth sharing

Cobrajet

I'm sorry... but that was not worth sharing...

**** the Jets...

PhinsRockPhinsRockLuxury Box
Jun 14, 2010, 11:19 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Thank our lucky stars we were able to luck out and go 3-1 against those two. They're so much better it's not even funny.

Yeah, we should just pack it in and hand the AFCE division over to the Jests or Patsies, NOT - can't wait to see these guys eat their words when we win the AFCE Championship, especially look forward to "swagger Rex" crying again when we do. :up:

2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!

cobrajetcobrajetNew Member
Jun 14, 2010, 11:20 PM

This is nothing more than the NFL machine hyping the hell out of the Jets so the empty headed fools can go buy tickets to help them pay for their new stadium. I don't buy into it and neither should any of you. I posted it just to share the obvious NFL marketing propaganda at work. The Jets are a very talented team and they did go pretty far in the playoffs last year but this year they will have a tough time living up to the expectation that videos like this lay on them. Have they past us in their development of their franchise, I guess only time will tell.

The fact that Rex has the defensive side of his club clicking on all cylinders should surprise no one as he grew up on the defensive side of the ball with his father (Buddy Ryan one of my favorite DC's) developing the 46 defense to perfection back in the 80's. What will kill the Jets this year will not be the talent they have assembled on this team; it will be keeping all of those huge ego's in check, and being out-coached by their division rivals. Ryan is simply no match for Belicheat and Parcells. This is nothing more than the NFL machine hyping the hell out of the Jets to help them pay for their new stadium. You have to read between the NFL marketing lines.

All that glitters isn't gold and that applies to the white and green as well. Personally, I love how deathly quiet this Dolphin regime remains. It shows that they are working hard to impress us on the field - not in the media. People who talk, are not concentrating. If you have a loud mouth than you have a silent brain - if you have silent mouth than you have a loud brain. Coaches like Ryan think this is a brute force game, it isn't, this is a thinking mans game.

cobrajetcobrajetNew Member
Jun 14, 2010, 11:21 PM

"FinNasty wrote:

I'm sorry... but that was not worth sharing...

**** the Jets...

Sorry you didn't like it.....:sad:

ASasciiNew Member
Jun 15, 2010, 08:05 AM

That's not swagger, that's called a waddle.

Irish Phin FanIrish Phin FanNew Member
Jun 15, 2010, 08:29 AM

Wow if I was a Jets fan I'd feel really pumped after watching that vidoe. Of course once the season starts and the Jets finish in third place I'd be pretty bummed.

RevRickRevRickSupporter
Jun 15, 2010, 08:37 AM

"GMJohnson wrote:

Whats the problem? Everyone knows the Jets are best team in NFL history. Im just happy that the NFL is still allowing us to play games this year, even though we have zero chance of competing with NE and NY.

Nomination for the Solid Brass Single-Finger Salute for Superb Sarcasm award for this week..... Right here, folks..


We are real sailormen, the destroyermen of the fleet.
We can follow the tracks and ride the backs of the dolphins.
We will be where the action is in every situation.
When things are getting too rough for anyone else,
they're getting just right for us!

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Jun 15, 2010, 08:52 AM

"Slowmotion wrote:

The Jest lost two All-Pro caliber players. Replaced them with a T-Rex in LT, a Mastodon in JT, some fat rookie Guard, Captain Cannabis, a CB who's scared to tackle, a FS who can't stay healthy, and Nick "**** the Uprights" Folk. It's a good thing they don't have a young QB who throws a lot of picks. If that were the case whooo....

That is actually a good summary of the Jets offseason moves though Santonio Holmes is a nice pickup for them.

The Cheapriots moves are even less inspiring, they resigned some Vets, drafted 342 players, still don't have a legit passrusher and rolled over their Staff, that's about it.

Bills, added a professional GM, added Chan Gailey who is a good, not great coach, and added George Edwards to be the DC, his first Coordinator job in the NFL.

Dolphins added Nolan, a guard who was cut in midseason last yr, added BMarsh, and signed Karlos Dansby, and we still have 4 or 5 legit questions among the starters.

PS17PS17New Member
Jun 15, 2010, 10:06 AM

"Slowmotion wrote:

The Jest lost two All-Pro caliber players. Replaced them with a T-Rex in LT, a Mastodon in JT, some fat rookie Guard, Captain Cannabis, a CB who's scared to tackle, a FS who can't stay healthy, and Nick "**** the Uprights" Folk. It's a good thing they don't have a young QB who throws a lot of picks. If that were the case whooo....

"padre31 wrote:

That is actually a good summary of the Jets offseason moves though Santonio Holmes is a nice pickup for them.

The Cheapriots moves are even less inspiring, they resigned some Vets, drafted 342 players, still don't have a legit passrusher and rolled over their Staff, that's about it.

Bills, added a professional GM, added Chan Gailey who is a good, not great coach, and added George Edwards to be the DC, his first Coordinator job in the NFL.

Dolphins added Nolan, a guard who was cut in midseason last yr, added BMarsh, and signed Karlos Dansby, and we still have 4 or 5 legit questions among the starters.

Man, you guys love to spin!

Padre, are you seriously implying that the Buffalo Bills had a better offseason than the Jets?

PHPhinatic425New Member
Jun 15, 2010, 05:56 PM

"PS17 wrote:

Boo Hoo


I'm not upset, but Rex looked pretty butt hurt over the 2 losses to Miami last year. :lol:

It's Sunday Morning, Where the Phins at?

ANAnonymousSupporter
Jun 16, 2010, 01:30 AM

Alan Faneca wasn't really effective. It was obvious he wasn't who he used to be.

Also, aren't all lineman fat? I mean, not every lineman is Jake Long. He can still be an effective player and upgrade over Faneca.

Also, Holmes is a very good wide receiver. Very good. He automatically upgraes that group of wide receivers and gives Mark Sanchez a great weapon.

As for JT, he was fine playing out of position last year. I don't see how his play will tail off when he's playing weakside for Rex Ryan. He gives them an upgrade, too.

DOLPHAN1DOLPHAN1Luxury Box
Jun 16, 2010, 12:00 PM

The Jests are in reality a 7-9 team that benefited from two teams laying down for them allowing them to back into the playoffs. They did, however, take advantage once in the playoffs until they ran into the real Colts. They have made some additions that we can all debate just as all the AFCE teams have. the real question is can Sanchez take the next step and cut down his mistakes and not lose games (let alone even win them)?

cobrajetcobrajetNew Member
Jun 16, 2010, 08:19 PM

I think Sanchez will develop into a star QB but he / they will have problems with the sophomore jinx and a team full of massive egos. Their locker room will consist of old players comparing war wounds, young players struggling to learn the basics and seasoned players looking for leadership by a lack luster game plan consisting only of Rex Ryan yelling for them to go kill someone.

They deserve a lot of credit for what they did last year but 2010 will not be like 2009. The garage sale of talent that they hauled in will hurt them more than help them. Once the veterans discover that they have a head coach that is brainless they will run for the exits and cause many internal problems. They may show some flashes but will implode as the season wears on.