1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"AccuScore" has us winning by a score of 22.3 - 15.7

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhinsFanWife, Dec 14, 2008.

  1. Georgia Fin

    Georgia Fin Fin For Life

    3,004
    1,653
    113
    Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Amazing how "Acuscore" actually covers the 6 to 6.5 point spread. Makes me think "Acuscore" equals Las Vegas Bookie.
     
    n9necount likes this.
  2. alen1

    alen1 New Member

    52,829
    20,379
    0
    Dec 16, 2007
    That's nice to hear. I have a quick question though, can someone explain to me how a team can get .3 points? Also, how do we allow .7 points?
     
  3. dolpns13

    dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

    2,111
    585
    0
    Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    They only get 7/10ths of the ball into the endzone? :wink2:
     
    alen1 likes this.
  4. Just meant as an interesting read and something fun to play with -- I'd not heard of it before and didn't know if others had or not.
     


  5. :lol:
     
  6. ToMaHaWk

    ToMaHaWk New Member

    60
    21
    0
    May 18, 2008
    Countdown County
    I like contradictory faith they have in the Dolphins making it into the playoffs.

    Plus, the whole 35.7% chance of winning the East isn't that far off from the 33% chance with even odds between the three. :lol:
     
  7. n9necount

    n9necount New Member

    537
    140
    0
    Nov 26, 2007
    I was just saying that on another forum the other day, lol. Their NFL spreads, O/U, NHL ML and puck lines, NBA lines are all VERY similar to the Vegas lines. I've been doing an analysis of that site in how many games it calls "right", and it's more or less 50/50.

    People give that site WAY too much credit. If you could pick even 55% winners over a very long haul, you'd be a millionaire in years. No way is anyone giving a program out for free that could spit out even 55% winners.

    So I guess what I'm saying is going by Accuscore is the same thing as saying "Vegas has us favored, means we're going to win". Not always true.
     
  8. Mile High Fin

    Mile High Fin New Member

    1,773
    209
    0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Fort Collins, CO
    I'm not sure if you're joking or being sarcastic, but assuming you're actually asking, here's the answer:

    Showing Miami with 22.3 points, you can think of it like this: it would mean that there's a 30% chance we would score 23 points, and a 70% chance we'd score 22 points. Hence, the 22.3 "average" score.

    Likewise, showing KC with 15.7 points, is saying there's a 70% chance they score 16 points, and 30% chance they score 15 points, hence the "average" of 15.7 points.

    This is a simplified way to explain it, but the concept is the same.
     
  9. TiP54

    TiP54 Bad Reputation

    10,690
    4,957
    113
    Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Doesn't mean nothing.
    It had us beating the Patriots few weeks back.
     

Share This Page