1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A what if for the board.....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Mar 8, 2012.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Because everything is a what if right now, but someone has to wipe their dong on the drapes...

So let it be me.

IMO, Miami has 3 options in this order: Manning, Flynn, RG3

Lets say Manning doesn't sign with Miami.
    Lets say Flynn signs with say....Seattle.
    Lets say Miami can't work out a trade with the Rams or Vikings to move up and grab RG3.

Then what? How HUGE of a disaster would this be? How horrible would the backlash be? Where do we go from there and how much further down the rabbit hole do we fall?

2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Then we get Tannehill or any number of other QBs.

All 3 of the QBs you mentioned could in fact bomb. For me, at this point in time, it isn't about who we get, but that we are trying.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Well, yeah. The bomb factor exists for every player that plays the game.

4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    But that's why I'm pointing it out. The 3 you mentioned have some giant *** question marks. That means I don't think its a disaster if we miss on them. Also, there could be any number of reasons beyond on our control that go into who gets those guys.

That's why for me making an effort to get a franchise QB is what I want. We haven't really done that in awhile. And though we may miss on 1 guy or a 100, as long as its a priority, we'll eventually get our guy.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. electrolyte

electrolyte New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    We draft Tannehill and move on.

6. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    RG3 would be a disaster if we traded all those picks and spent that money and he falls on his face.

Flynn could also be a very expensive miss for someone.

Manning it depends on what kind of contract he signs.

7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Draft tannehill or weeden

8. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    The question was, what if we didn't get one of them, not what if we did and they didn't pan out.

9. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Just get Tannehill or Weeden.

While we aren't in position for the best options (Luck/RGIII/Barkley stayed in school) we have a bunch of good options and one potentially great option in Manning.

Really no lose at this point

10. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Matt Moore leads us to the playoffs.

Duh.

dolfan7171 and Puka-head like this.
  11. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    I'm drafting all defense if this happens and then pending on whatever our record was next season I would play the draft or fa for a qb just feel 8 is way to high for Tannehill and I rather take an elite defensive player than trade down. This would also give us another season of Matt Moore but if he sucks it would get it out of everyone's system and the people who see anything in him can move on.

I would like to point out I think Matt Moore sucks as a starter but I would rather go another year with him then reach on a qb or trade away massive picks for a qb atm when we still have a decent amount of holes to fill. Flynn or Manning is by far the best route for us to go I feel just hope we get one of them.