1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Week In Parcells Shoes

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by alen1, Apr 30, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Note: This write-up is long. I recommend this if your bored at work lol.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/29/s...parcells.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  2. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Thanks alen. You're a great kid and that was a really good find. I noticed it's from 06, too.
    It was a good read. Y'know what's kind of funny? You read this and you get a good understanding of why Belichick is the way he is.

alen1 likes this.
  3. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Great read...but very long. I could barely finish reading all of it.
    When reading that though, I got a sence that his life is so sad. I don't know if anyone else got that impression. The guy lives and breathes football. He is one guy you do not want to make angry.

4. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Great article.

Shows a lot of the sacrifice it takes to be a legend in the game. Also shows theres a lot more to the game than 40 times and shuttle runs. Parcells lives a sad existence, but it is necessary evil when it comes down to winning and losing. Hell, I might go out and read a Parcells book or something.

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    But will Head Caoch Sparano act the same way?

6. StLouisFinFan

StLouisFinFan New Member

Apr 28, 2008
    He will.....or else.

Besides, IMO, the reason Parcells picked Sparano is due to his ability to emulate BP so well. And you can tell by Sparano's choice of words during interviews that he worships the ground BP walks on. Right now, Sparano is taking the mental blue print to being a HC he forumulated while working under BP in Dallas, and he's overlaying that with what he sees himself doing each and every day. Some people wear bracelets with the letters "WWJD"; well I would suspect Sparano is wearing one that says "WWBD", except he's wearing it in his mind.

7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Here is where things become a bit "cloudy" Stl, if we look at the "JT pays visit" stories in the blogosphere, the thing that was overlooked was HC Sparano talked to JT before JT popped his head into the War Room, and Sparano told JT that his teamates were upset about JT not being there for the allegedly "voluntary" workouts, this had -0- effect on JT and the only thing that did have an impact on JT was Tuna's cold shoulder.

HC Sparano basically was reduced to equipment manager who was rumor mongering and could be safely ignored, that is a large large flaw in this arrangement, Sparano should be the one who is listened to, yet he was shrugged off, that is not very Parcellian and must be dealt with ASAP.

8. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Agree 110%

Sparano will establish that at camp though. Just my opinion.

9. StLouisFinFan

StLouisFinFan New Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Well, in my experience, the only way to fix that is:

1) Sparano tears him a new one in front of the whole world

2) Parcells trades JT away; leaving Sparano with BP's new guys.

One way or another, BP HAS to ensure that the players know Sparano is the one running the team, and that a disrespect to Tony is the same as a disrespect to the King. It's the oldest form of power extension. You strike the Captain; you strike the King; you die. Simple as that.

10. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    Belichick is still a douche.

alen1 and cnc66 like this.
  11. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Exactly, this was one of KB's big buggaboos about bringing Parcell's down to Miami, the HC simply MUST be the field general, if the players do not look to him for decisions and motivation, he will be a flop as a HC, reduced to "I'm going to tell Bill on you" and of course that is unacceptable.

Option 3: JT retires, and the roster is purged of players that Sparano feels are not 100% on board with him and his Leadership..

Because, really Tuna should have -0- to do with the Team itself, that should be HC Sparano's job completely, he must seize the moment ASAP.

BTW "funny" that us mere fans can catch onto that, wereas the Dolphins writers have not said a peep about, not even 'Nando the Muckeracker..

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Thanks bro, means a lot.

Yeah I saw the date but I didn't think it mattered because BP is still BP till this day.

late again likes this.
  13. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Agreed; it's just as relevant today as it was in 06

alen1 likes this.
  14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...ype=ss&index=books&field-author=Bill Parcells

Lol, I would like to read a book on him. I want to see his inputs on things and how he felt about certain things. I am currently reading "Maravich" though, biography of Pistol Pete. Who knew he was Serbian :tantrum: (Why couldn't he have been Bosnian?).