1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Team Moving To LA

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by MrPaul13, Feb 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    this is really good news bad news for me here in LA... I like the idea of a new stadium... FINALLY!... that is what it will take to lure a team here. The Coliseum is an isore. However, look at the teams rumored to be coming here:

The Bills... if they move here, I'll have to move out
    Vikings... I don't see this happening as the local interest there is at its highest thanks to Favre
    Rams... Don't they have a new stadium already?
    Jags... a likely candidate unless they draft Tebow
    49ers... Can't see it
    Raiders... oh god no... Unfortunately, it could happen.
    Chargers... the only team out of this group I wouldn't mind seeing move in.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  2. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Jaguars have to be the top choice. They don't have any fan support in Jacksonville. Florida belongs to us. :shifty:

3. MrPaul13

MrPaul13 Banned

Jan 3, 2010
    Jags are my most likely canidate,the NFL made a huge mistake putting a team there.They assumed massive college football interest,would translate to NFL interest.It hasnt. The entire time I lived there,I cant remember a home game not being blacked out.

4. MrPaul13

MrPaul13 Banned

Jan 3, 2010
    I could see the Chargers though with their issues with Qualcom,the NFL has allready told San Diego if they want to so much as sniff another Superbowl bid they'll have to replace it.

5. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Jacksonville would probably be the most likely candidate. I'd say the Raiders but I doubt it would happen while Al Davis is still alive..

6. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    the niners as a candidate seeeeeeeeeems way off base to me.

7. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Can someone enlighten me here? The NFL has never worked in LA. The Rams left, The Raiders came and returned to Oakland. Why is it going to work now? Because there is a new stadium? That's not enough of a reason to convince me that it's going to work this time.

padre31 likes this.
  8. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    LA is a lot like Miami in that respect, warm weather, plenty of other things to do, but if the team is contending, they'll be a hit. A new stadium will help. The Raiders played at the Coliseum, USC still plays there. The place is in one of the worst parts of the city (if there's a good part?). The RAMS played in Anaheim Stadium for the last what 14 years they were in LA? It was a fairly old stadium when they left, and then Disney / Angels refurb'd it a few years later. A new stadium will definitely help. Two hockey teams, two baseball teams and two basketball teams yet no football teams... travesty IMO. But to say the NFL has never worked in LA is to be factually incorrect. The Raiders and Rams both enjoyed great success in their earlier years. No new stadiums lead to their departure.

Boik14 and Tin Indian like this.
  9. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Yep teams left because the city wouldn't cooperate with owners on a new stadium and other cities basically made them offers they couldn't refuse. Not too many owners have money like Jerry Jones where they can just plunk down a billion dollars on a state of the art stadium.

Paul 13 likes this.
  10. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    If I lived in LA I would love the Bills because if they were in la every year I would be able to see the fins at least once a year every year

Zach13 likes this.
  11. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    I wonder if the NFL would take the Bills out of the division if they made the move. If not, you should be wanting them. That's a Phins game every year.

12. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    They'd probably move the Bills out of the AFCE.. .into like the NFCW... doh That way I'd see the Phins every 16 years.. like a comet.

13. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    ok so what they are going to take the rams out and put them in our Divsion if that is the case i really want the bills to go to LA the bills are a lot closer then the rams are

14. MrPaul13

MrPaul13 Banned

Jan 3, 2010

I dont know if they'd move them out,the NFL is very mindful of long standing rivalries,we should technically be in the AFC South

15. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I'm not the one that thinks the bills will get moved there are a lot of teams that should be in another divsion

16. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Yeah but wouldn't it be funny if the league decided to move a team based off of them having to use another team's stadium for their games. :shifty:....you know.....
    ...like the JETS!!!!!
    yeah I know it's not happening; but thinking about it makes me laugh

Alot

17. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    It will be the Jags, it won't even be close.

texanphinatic likes this.
  18. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    It will be close. The Vikings have no stadium lease after 2011. I can see them heading to LA too.

Boik14 likes this.