1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A solid coach who had a shaky few minutes

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Sep 23, 2009.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
  2. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Sparano cracked me up in his presser. It was the first time Ive seen him flustered in two years. You could tell he was still saying to himself "We held the ball for over 45 minutes. How the **** did we lose?" He started going into his statistics spiel and I'm just thinking to myself Tony now is not the time to be a stats geek. I guess its tough for a coach to admit that we just blew it. Coaching, tackling, everything. I hope he goes even crazier this week on the team. I get the feeling he wanted to rip some players but wouldnt throw them under the bus. I would kill to be a fly on the wall in his first meeting with the team after that game

Bpk likes this.
  3. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    safety & WR problems killed us

4. gofins

gofins Active Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Laurel, Md
    I'm sure what he said in front of the cameras and what he said behind closed doors are 2 totally different things.

adamprez2003 and jetssuck like this.
  5. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    while I pin the blame mostly on our coaches shoulders, I'm not about to start Fire Tony Sparano.com

6. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Coaching. Killed. Us. Safety, ILB as well. And WRs other than Ginn :pointlol:

adamprez2003 likes this.
  7. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

And Ginn... he had 2 chances to score a TD and didn't. Not that he did not do good things in the game he did... but he was in a position to make 2 BIG plays and did not ... there has to be accountability for that , doesn't there?

jetssuck likes this.
  8. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    It depends......have you spent the past two years defending him at all costs? Or hate him cuz where he was drafted?

If so please include a disclaimer...

9. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

neither actually ... I don't think he is ever going to be an elite wr , but I do feel he has definitely improved , has a still increasing upside , but tend to think I have a realistic view of who Ted Ginn is as a palyer.

jetssuck likes this.
  10. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i have and feel he has finally become the receiver I envisioned. I also dont think he'll be fully maximized until Henne starts. I never envisioned him as Larry Fitzgerald type however. He's a speed guy, who needs a QB who can take advantage of his speed to blossom. I think the gripes about him are people hoping he was Randy Moss which was never going to happen. He'll be more like DeSean Jackson or Reggie Wayne