A simple, yet effective idea

6 replies

GatorDrew84GatorDrew84New MemberOP
Feb 6, 2009, 12:27 AM

I've been in a job hunt since October 15th and have just recently thought of a great, free idea that is so far working really well. While I've just begun to work on it, Google Sites offers you the ability to have your own website for free.

It's incredibly easy to setup and they offer a slew of professional templates.

Check out my Google Site: http://sites.google.com/site/tatumonline/

To create your own, simply go to http://sites.google.com/

Even though I'm pretty tech-savvy, I'm pretty sure that if you can use Word you can do this. I've posted the link on my Facebook & LinkedIn profile and the URL is easy enough for me to remember to write it down on business cards or whatever when I'm out and about.

Good luck out there! :up:

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Feb 6, 2009, 12:38 AM

employers will also do a search for facebook and myspace profiles so remember to not post that picture of you doing a keg stand, even if it was 5 years ago.

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

GatorDrew84GatorDrew84New Member
Feb 6, 2009, 12:44 AM

Excellent point. Thus is why all those pictures have been removed or marked "friends only."

With Facebook, you can create groups of friends (ie: "Bosses" or "coworkers") and restrict it so that they can't see certain photo albums, wall posts, etc. Greatest idea ever.

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Feb 6, 2009, 03:03 PM

"GatorDrew84 wrote:

I've been in a job hunt since October 15th and have just recently thought of a great, free idea that is so far working really well. While I've just begun to work on it, Google Sites offers you the ability to have your own website for free.

It's incredibly easy to setup and they offer a slew of professional templates.

Check out my Google Site: http://sites.google.com/site/tatumonline/

To create your own, simply go to http://sites.google.com/

Even though I'm pretty tech-savvy, I'm pretty sure that if you can use Word you can do this. I've posted the link on my Facebook & LinkedIn profile and the URL is easy enough for me to remember to write it down on business cards or whatever when I'm out and about.

Good luck out there! :up:

Thanks Andrew. OT: Really, really great to see you round here. :knucks:

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

GatorDrew84GatorDrew84New Member
Feb 7, 2009, 10:44 AM

Thanks Mary. Now when are you going to be my friend on Facebook? It always says "Friend Requested" :cry:

njfinfannjfinfanNew Member
Feb 7, 2009, 05:19 PM

"GatorDrew84 wrote:

Thanks Mary. Now when are you going to be my friend on Facebook? It always says "Friend Requested" :cry:

Do I have a facebook account Andrew? I don't usually do myspace or facebook. I did do myspace briefly cause I did a facebook site for Miami Mike. Going to go look and see if I have one.

Maxine's back! :up:

THOSE WHO ARE LIFTING THE WORLD UPWARD AND ONWARD ARE THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE MORE THAN CRITICIZE.

PHINFAN 4 LIFEPHINFAN 4 LIFENew Member
Mar 10, 2010, 06:54 PM

rrgw