1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A search for the right answer at right guard

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Nov 7, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Dolphins In Depth

brandon27 and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I know Chris Nelson who got mentioned in that article.

anyway, I hope fyre comes in and maybe pushes the other two into better play or we find our backup for next year under dom thomas. :D

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I wish Donald Thomas would walk thru that door....

FinSane likes this.
  4. HugeFinFan

HugeFinFan Woopsy Daisy!

Mar 22, 2008
    NY
    Amen. We haven't had someone as physical at the guard spot since Jamie Nails was in 2002.

cnc66 likes this.
  5. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

As disappointing as Thomas' injury was, I'm still impressed with the few injuries we've had this season compared to previous ones..of course, I also know that the season is only half over but it's nice to not have those issues.

I know you never want to move more than one guy at a time due to injury, especially along the OL and in the middle of the season but if Frye can man the RT spot, Carey could be moved to RG, which is arguably his best position...but I don't know what Frye really brings to the table...

Canefinz likes this.
  6. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    We have our RG for the future in Donald Thomas, its just our misfortune that he wont be playing until next year. We certainly have a much better future on the offensive line than we faced last year and years past. The only positive thing out of Thomas loss to IR is that it gives the Dolphins a chance to develope some more depth along the offensive line.
    We should be thankful that our current Dolphins mind trust, unlike the past, wont set pat on what we have and will keep beating the bushes for more depth and better players

7. Canefinz

Canefinz New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    i like what larryfinfan said...carey has been getting bullied in pass protection at rt.should be able to better utilize his power at guard

8. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Carey needs to find his niche.