1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A real playoff team or not

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    I am still to be convinced the dolphins are legit.
    We played ok in the first half then good in the second half against NE
    The Bills blew us out. Not a good sign for a legit team.
    I firmly believe that we played well enough to win against KC but were outcoached. Another reason to be concerned.
    We put away Oakland the way a good team should
    Green Bay was a winnable game, but long story short is that we played bad in the first half then good in the second. If we had consistent effort throughout that game we could have won comfortably.
    Chicago was a good game first and second halves. A solid win even if the bears are weaker than we thought
    The jags win scared me, again we had a pretty poor firsthalf that would be a disaster against a really top team. In the end we won but not in the manner a top tier team should.
    The Chargers game was a bout as good as the phins have played since before Marino tore his achilles.

The inconsistency worries me. Especially about the first half. Historically Philbin has been up and down with the effort he gets from the team.

For me it wont be about whether the win it will be about how we play. If we come out flat then I am worried regardless of the outcomwe. If we can play like we have against SD and chicago then I'm happy. There's no shame to losing to the best defense with Megatron as long as we play hard.

Our biggest barrier to becoming legitimate is our own consistency.

2. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i think Philbin deserves a lot of credit, maybe its just what he needed, replacing inept coaches at the most important positions with lazor and benton, even on defense with duffner...this coaching staff makes philbin look pretty good and it looks to me he is also pretty good when it comes down to getting this team to play after halftime, if he could get this rolling to start a game watch out.

3. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    I agree about the inconsistency. It's one of my biggest concerns. While on the other side of the coin, we make half time adjustments and win games because of them. That's something that wasn't happening previously. And its a sign trait that most good teams have.

4. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

If our OL plays them to a draw we win this game easily imho.

Go back and watch the tape, when the OL does it's job and isn't getting destroyed (2nd half Pats, 2nd half Packers, 2nd half Jags, Raiders, Bears and Chargers) this offence is very hard to stop. Everything revolves around the OL doing it's job.