1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A piece from Pats land.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I like hearing the opinions of our team from some of our rivals. They've actually been singing the Phins praises as of late. Maybe they're imitating the Belichickian way of talking up the opponents, but I don't think that's the case. It's easy to see the improvements the Phins have made and the better "potential" the team has now. One could even see that potential last season before all of these off-season moves.. It's also true what we've mentioned here about the Pats having a gimpy Gronk. Hernandez and his obvious issues. An aging Brady, who is one of the all time greats, but approaching the age range when the unfortunate inevitable decline of all great players starts to happen. No proven, reliable, chain mover like Welker as well as maybe some other smaller holes on the team. Times could be a changin'

http://musketfire.com/2013/06/23/ryan-tannehill-impressed-with-lamar-millers-pass-blocking/

With the uncertainty of Martin at LT, you know he's going to be happy with any extra protection. It may be the homer in me, but I'm not too worried about Martin. We know he's been working hard in the off-season to get stronger. It's more his natural position than RT. He was most horrible when he was playing RT. I also have faith in Philbin, so if he thinks Martin will be sufficient, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully guys like Sims can also help with protection as well. Who knows. ..Peace!

Gunner, HULKFish, derek and 12 others like this.
  2. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Praise is nice and all but talking about the individual pieces doesn't begin to describe how well the pieces fit together.

Bpk likes this.
  3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Love the positive press we are getting but until it translates on the field its just that. I want the division this year. Gronk's hurt, Hernandez may be in prison, Brady is another year older and if the 2 aforementioned TE's arent available at the start of the year then the Pats top 5 pass catchers from last season will all be new. The Jets and Bills are rebuilding. The division is ours if our young guns step up. About to find out whose a keeper and who isnt. But we gotta knock these Patsies off their perch and make no mistake, its theirs until someone does so. Theyve earned that.

HULKFish, RevRick, Bpk and 1 other person like this.
  4. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    What is this LT comment about Miller they speak of?

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    He said that he believes Lamar is more explosive then Reggie, and he did say he thinks he could be a "great player"

6. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    It will happen, eventually.

7. Claymore95

Claymore95 Working on it... Club Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
    RoninFin4 and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  8. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, I'm too conservative to say that my expectations are to the moon, and I can bounce back as I've been doing that for 40 yrs, but there still remains an awful lot of things that have to come together for this regime to turn the page we've been on.... Tanny, Martin, Jordan, Wallace, Keller, Egnew, Thomas (both of them), JJ, Miller, Grimes, Louis, Olivier, Ellerbe, Wheeler, all the rookies... All these guys and a few more I didn't mention have to make things happen and come together as a team before we see things change... But I agree with you that I'm a lot more upbeat than I've been a quite a few years...

9. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I've been trying to temper my expectations. I'm always giddy for the start of football season, especially the Dolphins this year. I think they could get 11 wins this season if they play up to their "potential" (realistically expecting 9-7), but it's hard for me to be as optimistic as I'd like to be because we haven't yet seen how well this team fits together. I'm very afraid of our own offensive line right now, and I hope that's just me being overly concerned.

10. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I think the OL is a legitimate concern, but not to the extent that some may think. We know Pouncey is very good. I have confidence in Richie and Clabo. So, there may be some concern with the other two spots. I've stated my opinion on Martin. They may have to use some extra guys like RBs and or TEs to help in some spots, but I don't think that is so different from many teams in the NFL. Not many teams have Pro Bowlers at every position.

11. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Imo there is nothing to worry about when it comes to Richie, pounce is great, Richie is good, Clabo is good, and two ??

12. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I think it depends on which Richie Incognito you get. If you get the one who played up until the 2nd Jets game, that's not good. If you get the one that played from the 2nd Jets game through the end of the season last year, then okay, I can live with him at LG; he strung together some nice games from that point on. Jonathan Martin had been debated to death on the forum.

I have no idea about RG. Ideally, I think Lance Louis is the guy Miami needs to win that battle, but he's coming off a torn ACL. Dallas Thomas, to me, is a LG, but Miami probably doesn't want Jonathan Martin and a rookie playing right away. John Jerry is John Jerry. Tyson Clabo is interesting. He played in a zone scheme early in his career, but how much does he have left in the tank? Mike Pouncey is the only guy I trust snap after snap, game after game, at this point.

13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I have the same concerns as you, just not so much about rich..Guess were going with the big sloppy until Lance can get his knee together..and I'm thinking after watching a lot of Thomas that he might be able to get it done at left tackle if Martin poops himself.

14. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Martin, though I already expressed my opinion on him and RG.

15. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    The question marks were a symbol of the right guard and left tackle position.

16. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Ok. Yep. :)