1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by TheAnswer385, Oct 1, 2009.

1. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    [​IMG]

From Producer Michael Bay :cry:

Watch here- http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/09/28/must-watch-teaser-trailer-for-a-nightmare-on-elm-street/

Jackie Earl Haley plays Freddie (Rorschach from watchmen)
    really good fit in my opinion :up:

[​IMG]

m ino likes this.
  2. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    i just watched the trailer and everything looked good up until the "freddie"voice.the voice just doesnt go..it's horribly wrong.i hated the way christian bale did the "batman"voice to a degree it nearly ruined the movie for me.the halloween,letherface and friday movies were no problem because neither actually spoke.

im not against redo's or remakes but i wish they would start redoing movies that sucked rather than movies that became staples of several generations. ill probly catch this on video as my wife is a big fan so thnx for the heads up.

3. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    One question though...why?

Robert Englund was, is, and always will be Freddy. It's an iconic character, not a mindless, faceless killer like Jason or Michael Myers. You can't just plug someone in.

Freddy was an extension of Robert's personality.

Aside from the fact that the original was damn near perfect. There's no need for a remake.

4. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I disagree, while the original is classic, and Englund, for all intents and purposes, is Freddy, it will be refreshing to see this horror icon on the silver screen again. I can't wait for this one, Freddy scared the crap out of me when I was younger, but it was sad to see the character sink into self parody in the sequels. I hope this one (and the inevitable II, III, IV....etc) keep Freddy scary.

Colorado Dolfan and TheAnswer385 like this.
  5. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Katie Cassidy? Yes please... She's been popping up all over the place since Supernatural.