1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new winning attitude on this team

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphin1184, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Last week was only the beginning. The dolphins got the taste of winning in their mouths and now it seems to becoming a habit. Bill Parcells has brought this attitude to the team. An attitude that we CAN win no matter what so called experts say. The whole attitude of the team is aggresive. Look at how many huge hits happened during this preseason game. Yes, I know it is preseason. These games are vanilla and meaningless. But, it is more than apparent that the overall attitude of the team is completely different. Parcells is bringing HIS people, including Penny to this team. I see players who have underachieved in the past playing MUCH better with better coaching. Ricky Williams has shown that he is still an elite RB after these years. Can you imagine if he played all of these years consecutively? He just has natural ability. He has IT. No matter how much controversey he has caused these past years, NO ONE can deny that his talent is just profound. We have some awesome young players in this team.

Will we make the playoffs? It will be very tough considering the AFC is chock full of good teams. But I know something for certain, Bill Parcells and Tony Sparano will not allow this team to go 1-15 again. Not making any predictions outside of that though.

One should be cautiously optimistic while admiring the improvements of the team.

2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I still see 5-6 wins this season, but the turnaround is well underway. We could surprise a few people qne even win 7-8 games this year. Now 2009, after another draft, a year of this attitude and system in place, and no doubt in my mind we make the playoffs in 2009.

PMZQ and Dolphin1184 like this.
  3. dphins

dphins New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    There is a new beGINNing

Dolphin1184 likes this.
  4. nighttrain76

nighttrain76 New Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Oklahoma
    2 weeks!!!!!!!

5. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    I am with you PR, the timetable may be moved up on this team if they continue to improve. I was thinking 2010 at earliest, but if they can make another quantom leap next year, playoffs are not out of the question in 2009. It would be a remarkable turnaround, but nothing Parcells and company would be surprised about.

Dolphin1184 likes this.
  6. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I know the KC Chiefs are not the best measuring stick to know where your team stands but I just like the way the guys are playing. I think most of us can live with some losses as long as the team is playing hard. The last few years this team has been so hard to watch....and there was little to get excited about. I think Parcells and Soprano are turning things around. :up:

Dolphin1184 likes this.
  7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    You know, if we can just go in and beat the teams we are supposed to beat it will go a long way. One of the things about Phins of years past is they would go out and win a toughie against a good team, then get beat by a crap celler dweller.
    Hopefully we can beat the KCs, Oaklands, San Frans etc of the world and give the best teams a run for their money.

We should definately have some cautious optimism right now. Its just preseason, but its great to see us performing well, playing hard, hustling, making plays all over etc etc. :up:

Dolphin1184 likes this.
  8. phinphever

phinphever Punk, Make My Day!!

Dec 20, 2007
    Ocala, FL
    I am excited! I got so used to what we were it's like Oh, thats what a team is supposed to play like, or a coaching staff is supposed to prepare a team. It's a new day.

9. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    [​IMG]

vinivedivichi likes this.
  10. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Patriots are going down, we're going up. Playoffs I will accept nothing else! There has never been a season I sit there and don't think we're going to do bad. I just think we'll be able to pull off the unbelievable turnaround. Every single year. I can't see it any other way.

11. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I think they have a shot at the playoffs if ricky stays healthy. I see no reason why not. They nearly got in his first two seasons in Miami with no QB and bad coaching. Now they have a QB who has proven that he can lead a team into the playoffs. I don't buy the whole idea that last year will have any impact on this season's record. This is clearly a different team. I've watched Dolphins teams with just as many or more question marks than this one have winning seasons.

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    This is the most dominant dolphin team i have ever seen in the preseason, what that means i do not know but iam anxious as hell to find out