1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A name on "The Wall"

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by gafinfan, May 26, 2015.

1. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

A great article about a solder, who just happened to be an NFL player, of my era. Brought a tear and sadness yet also a sense of pride for those of us who served during that time of public outcry against all things military. Very hard to come home to calls of baby killer and other such greetings .... even by family members.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/09/04/name-wall-si-60-william-nack-bob-kalsu

Ohiophinphan likes this.
  2. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

You are really posting some great stuff this morning!

gafinfan likes this.
  3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    to me it's disgusting when people disrespect their military like that. Like the soldier has a choice in which wars he/she fights. You can disagree with and protest against government all you want but why go after the soldiers with epithets and taunts? Some people just don't understand how war works.

I work with three people who served or are currently reserves with different branches of the military. They've told me about their platoon members suffering from PTSD and killing themselves and the casualties of war. The people who protest sometimes need a taste. Til then they're just voices with no meaning in my opinion because they have no ability to contextualize the situation having never lived trough it. Some may think they know but they've no idea what it's like to serve selflessly and see the guys standing next to you crumple in to a heap or get a leg blown off. Few things tick me off more.

Ohiophinphan likes this.