1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A MADDEN game I play with friends

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by UCF FINatic, May 24, 2008.

1. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    So, basically I have done this a couple of times with friends before and it is really fun. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing it on Thephins.

Basically, everyone agrees on a team and we all take over the same team. Then in the first year you can make 5 trades. Then the second year you can make 4 trades, then 3 trades every year after that.

You can't do anything unrealistic like signing Free agents and then trading them away. You can however sign a FA have them play for your team 1 full year and then trade them the following year. Or moving Line Backers to Defensive End to boost their ratings. Also no moving positions and signing players for cheaper amounts. Yes, I know most of the little tricks you can do to play the game.

Then each year you simulate all games, except 1 or 2 (We should all agree on how many games we should be allowed to play) in the regular season; you play these games on Veteran. Then if you make the playoffs you have to simulate until the either the Championship or the Super Bowl, which ever we all agree upon; which we play on All-Pro.

After each year we post our records and see who did better and compare stats. Normally we do this for 5-10 years depending on how interested we are and free time we have.

I will be playing Madden 08 on the PS2. But, I guess it really doesn't matter on which system you play on.

IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN COMPETING WITH ME?

If you want to suggest rule changes or suggest a team to go with please post below.

2. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    Since this is a Dolphins website it would be fun to take over the Dolphins, but personally I like challenging teams like the Raiders, Lions, etc. Basically crappy teams with a lot of old people that requires a complete overhaul and rebuilding.

3. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    No takers?

4. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I would wait a few days to let people answer... It's Memorial Day Weekend so it's semi slow here...

5. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    lol. Sort of forgot about that. Its funny too because i went to a party on friday night....