1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A green god is a jealous one

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by padre31, Jan 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    As a young lad I found Nietzsche rather intoxicating, the slave revolt in morals and "they must be bad so we must be good" line of thinking was for a moment, a modus operandi.

But like Death Metal or Gangsta Rap, after a time all of the chest thumping became a bit too shallow for me. Asma does make a great point that even if Christianity is rejected, a different religion will take it's place.

For some that becomes Environmentalism in the form of the green movement were even tossing a plastic bottle into a regular trash can and not the recycle bin becomes a angst filled proposition one that pricks misplaced conscious...

http://chronicle.com/article/Green-Guilt/63447/

Phinz420 likes this.
  2. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Interesting read.

3. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

The author has no particular use for Christianity in particular nor religion in general, doesn't care for radical enviormentalism, and opposes many of the "entertainment" values of popular culture.

He must be a blast a parties!

Thanks for the read!

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    yea they are good points. People like their guilt emotions and like to become angry. It is seen in environmentalism to conservatism. It is easy to notice in the people who are politically correct and the people who are anti-politically correct people.

Right now it is part of our human condition.

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    How interesting, PC people get angry when other people are not politically corrected in their speech seen that happen frequently, would that then make them "angry people"?

6. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

Christianity strangely enough has an answer for all of that................SIN. We are by nature sinners and at its heart sin means selfishness. The more secular culture tries to explain it away, the more I see it in the world around me.

7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Wise as serpents, gentle as doves Bro.

Ohiophinphan likes this.
  8. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    No one is an "angry person". However it does not change the fact that people like to get angry. I have seen people get angry over words. Whether it is them being PC or them being anti-PC. They are two sides doing the same thing. Using other people's words as a way to make themselves feel bad.