1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a couple of late night notes.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by sweeper, Dec 5, 2007.

1. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    2 interesting things just caught my eye and thought I'd share before i go to bed while I was surfing bored off my mind.

TO does a far better job against TOP CB in the league as oppose to RM has. RM has been shut out against teams with TOP CB's where as TO has dominated. I guses thats where his physical play comes in or maybe once they saw him being shut down tehy just went to Wes instead where as in Dal they just forced it into TO but i dono i doubt that was the case.

Point of story, to be able to slow pats down a bit considering we play em twice a year, our secondary is a MUST including getting a TOP CB in FA and 1 in the draft. Will allen would be an amazing 3rd CB with lets say trufant at the 1 and a Rookie at hte 2 that can turn into something special ala the surtain/madisons. now that would be a sick secondary with J Allen back there (if he continues his solid play) and a S (I woudlnt mind Steltz the dude from LSU at SS) JA can make a play on teh ball as we have seen and tackle well/hit hard but I haven't seen teams pass it much while hes around so i dont really wna judge him to quickly just yet.

another note, I noticed RB had the most consistent play of the backs in teh league with 4-5 games in a row of 100 yards running n great recieving games but he broke the 20 yard mark only 1 times, 1 for 22 and 1 for 60. The longest runs in the other 5 games were 12 adn 13. thats pretty damn low if you ask me. along wiht how he can't break nething for a TD unless hes 4 yards from the endzone bothers me. the good part tho, he had ZERO fumbles. thats great news but hey, i rather take JP 4 fumbles and 10 TDs then RB 0 fumbles and 4 TDs.