790 Rumor sounds crazy to me !
134 replies
790 is saying there is rumors we want Anderson and they want a first and third for him.Sounds a little crazy to give those picks for a 1 year wonder ...What do you guys think i sure hope Parcel things about that very good. :huh1:
Yeah, we discussed this in phinchat prior - while the price is steep there are ways to finagle the situation to make it work for us.

Many thanks to the awesome staff and members of the site, all of whom contribute tirelessly to an incredible Dolphins fansite.
way too much. if he was performing like this, for say like 3 years, different story.
yeah they mention we would save money by giving up our 1 first but i still think we should draft dorsey
"finserg wrote:
790 is saying there is rumors we want Anderson and they want a first and third for him.Sounds a little crazy to give those picks for a 1 year wonder ...What do you guys think i sure hope Parcel things about that very good. :huh1:
a 1st and a 3rd are too much... swap 1sts and a 3rd, maybe

All you have to do is throw a player into the mix, like say JT.
You offer JT and a 3rd.
or JT and Ricky.

"sabanhater wrote:
way too much. if he was performing like this, for say like 3 years, different story.
that what i thought too the guy might just have had a lucky year
how about a 2nd. other than that... kiss my....
"Edmond Dantes wrote:
All you have to do is throw a player into the mix, like say JT.
You offer JT and a 3rd.
or JT and Ricky.
JT and a 3rd will not get you Anderson. If it does, be glad that Spielman is channeling his expertise to the Browns. Phil Savage isn't that foolish.

Many thanks to the awesome staff and members of the site, all of whom contribute tirelessly to an incredible Dolphins fansite.
I still can't believe we haven't learned the lesson about giving up draft picks for Qb's:001_rolleyes:
"Edmond Dantes wrote:
All you have to do is throw a player into the mix, like say JT.
You offer JT and a 3rd.
or JT and Ricky.
I hope your playing why not give all of our best players jt has has a 2 to 3 years more and ricky is dirt cheap for that talent.
Also we all have to remember who is running the show. If anyone thought that Mueller could somehow pull draft picks out of his ying-yang then watch this guy and all of his showmanship. Parcells loves to trade down, his second year in Dallas he traded down a couple of times, and helped build depth on his team even though it didn't show up in the win colum. We should expect the same - especially with the 1st pick in the second round, I have a feeling we won't be picking there.

"TotoreMexico wrote:
I still can't believe we haven't learned the lesson about giving up draft picks for Qb's:001_rolleyes:
Seriously, I sure hope Parcells knows that lesson......personally I will be shocked and saddened if we use picks prior to the draft to acquire a backup QB.
BDH -
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."
Jimmy V. (Mar '93)
"finserg wrote:
yeah they mention we would save money by giving up our 1 first but i still think we should draft dorsey
How about our #32 pick and a 3rd?
"emocomputerjock wrote:
Yeah, we discussed this in phinchat prior - while the price is steep there are ways to finagle the situation to make it work for us.
what up emo... off topic - is phinchat done, or is it VIP only now? I can't get the password.
"finserg wrote:
I hope your playing why not give all of our best players jt has has a 2 to 3 years more and ricky is dirt cheap for that talent.
No i'm responding to people who don't want to give up picks. Well you're gonna give up something if you want him so get used to it.
By the way get mad at the guy who started the rumor not me for giving other suggestions.
P.S. those best players we have are past their prime - they will be leaving soon too, might as well get used to it rather than be emotionally attached.

"Edmond Dantes wrote:
Also we all have to remember who is running the show. If anyone thought that Mueller could somehow pull draft picks out of his ying-yang then watch this guy and all of his showmanship. Parcells loves to trade down, his second year in Dallas he traded down a couple of times, and helped build depth on his team even though it didn't show up in the win colum. We should expect the same - especially with the 1st pick in the second round, I have a feeling we won't be picking there.
isnt this the point?

"Edmond Dantes wrote:
No i'm responding to people who don't want to give up picks. Well you're gonna give up something if you want him so get used to it.
By the way get mad at the guy who started the rumor not me for giving other suggestions.
P.S. those best players we have are past their prime - they will be leaving soon too, might as well get used to it rather than be emotionally attached.
IF we were considering the trade giving up JT and Ricky would be WAY better a deal for us than giving up our first and third. Personally I don't think this story has legs any more than conjecture.
"sabanhater wrote:
what up emo... off topic - is phinchat done, or is it VIP only now? I can't get the password.
It's still there, you just have to be sponsored for it :) Which reminds me, I gotta PM celt for the info :lol:

Many thanks to the awesome staff and members of the site, all of whom contribute tirelessly to an incredible Dolphins fansite.
"emocomputerjock wrote:
JT and a 3rd will not get you Anderson. If it does, be glad that Spielman is channeling his expertise to the Browns. Phil Savage isn't that foolish.
I don't know. It's possible. Cleveland would likely seriously consider it. If they don't move one of their QBs, they will have an enormous chunk of cap space tied up in the two of them.

"Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision." - Muhammad Ali
I'd swap firsts for Derek Anderson.
That would be HUGE for Cleveland, who could then add McFadden to that crazy offensive core.

Kanye West wrote:
I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?
dont give up a 1st and 3rd for Derek...
instead wait til next year to give up a 1st and 3rd for Antonio Cromartie (CB, San Diego). id do it in a second.
Yeah it is, if we can do it.
but I re-read that and I missed a little.
Mostly I should have mentoned we will be putting off enough smokescreens this year that we will have firetrucks parked outside the Team Offices. Thus we shouldn't get all in a tizzy regarding every rumor out there.

"KiNG wrote:
I'd swap firsts for Derek Anderson.
That would be HUGE for Cleveland, who could then add McFadden to that crazy offensive core.
Cleveland doesn't have a first....
Just say no when it comes to trading for other teams QB's. Have we learned nothing from the past?

I love you Mom, you are the greatest woman that I've ever known.