1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

502 Bad Gateway

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Questions' started by MrClean, Aug 14, 2012.

1. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

For the past 24 hrs or so, many of the thread pages I click on give me this message rather than opening properly:

Anyone else have this problem?

2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    probably something with your internet provider as I'm not getting that problem.
    If you really want to get into it you can open up a dos window and do a tracert to this site to see where on your route it is timing out.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Get rid of your Gateway computer. Duh. You're welcome BTW

CashInFist and WhiteIbanez like this.
  4. Phinj

Phinj Active Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Just started having the same problem this weekend.

alen1 likes this.
  5. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I have been getting this since Thursday. Only happens in Miami Dolphins main and Club level.

6. MrClean

I still have this happen nearly all the time, but only using Chrome. I now use Mozilla, but check once a week or so with trying Chrome again, since I use it for most other things. Mozilla has no problems with the site, thankfully. I have told Muck, but apparently he cannot do anything about it. Maybe if it happens to enough other people, then something will be done.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I had same issue. Clean your cache and you should be fine. I use Google Chrome.

8. MrClean

I cleared my cache, and browsing history, and it did not help.

9. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    I had this start happening to me here with Firefox. Clearing the cache did not do it. Deleting the cookies for this site only did the trick.

10. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I'm getting it for firefox now.

11. MrClean

Google Chrome never started working right again for me. I've deleted everything there. Cache, history, cookies, rebooted, ran anti malware, nothing helps. I now use a Mozilla browser called SeaMonkey and it's worked ok with no problems.
    I've PM'd about it too. Apparently there is nothing they can do to fix it. Or it is a very low priority problem.

12. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    deleting ThePhins cookies fixed it for me.

thisperishedmin and maynard like this.
  13. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    yup. seems to be the best thing.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  14. thisperishedmin

thisperishedmin Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Spot on. Thought it was something with my connection until I couldn't get to it at home either...then I thought it was an issue with the site itself.

Cleared cookies and so far, so good.

15. MrClean

Seems the first time I cleared out everything, cache, history, cookies, in Chrome, nothing changed. Then a few weeks later I went back and just cleared the cookies, and that worked.
    Even on my second browser, SeaMonkey, I recently had to clear the cookies for the site. This is the only site I've ever need to do it on, but then again it is the only site I've ever posted this much on.

16. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    It happens to me from time to time as well when I use Firefox. I usually do one of two things when it happens; either restart my computer or start using Safari. Eventually it fixes itself after 1-3 days. I dont think its something Muck really has any control over and until I know whats causing it, I cant really say to do anything other then what you currently do to solve it.