1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50 Reasons I Reject Evolution (stolen from another forum)

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Celtkin, Apr 15, 2009.

1. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    http://www.wolfcountry.net/information/WolfHunting.html
    No idea credibility of source so don't shoot me! But a site dedicated to wolves is going to know more than me.

Celtkin likes this.
  2. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Interesting topic though you guys go way over my head. I just pick out the stuff that I can understand, about half :D

I'm Catholic but I'm not my mother's catholic. Who can blame her, she's from Vietnam with no education and didn't realize stars were stars until I told her. She had no idea stars were millions of light years away (well some are like 7 ;)). Just thought they were "out there" but not that far.

She has blind faith in the religion. I do believe in a higher power but don't think I believe everything that comes out of my religion. I also don't believe things were just spontaneous either. I guess all of us will never know until we die. If we go somehwere then then religion is right. If we don't, well we'll never know science was right because we'll just be dead. I guess whichever gets proven first, UFOs or Ghosts will solve that!

Celtkin likes this.
  3. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    You are too modest, my friend. Your mom raised you well. :)

I have no doubt that there is a God and that what we see around us was put into motion by that God but I think that God let biology maximize life where the environment allowed. To me, that is much more of a miracle than what the parable in Genesis leads us to believe if we accept a literal translation of Genesis.

jdang307 likes this.
  4. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Once they started digging fossils out of the ground I don't know how you can take it as literal.

I remember my sister teaching me the bible as a kid, and I asked if the earth is only 6,000 years old how come they have dinosaurs. She said she didn't know, but maybe back then one year was considered like a thousand years. Of course I was 4, and she was 10, so we had no idea what we were talking about.

Celtkin likes this.
  5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Nope...who said that? It's the second time you've referenced it?
    Whales:

Is this conversation better handled by quoting links? I've got tons of them, you do to.

Odd...one of the central tenants of Evolutionary theory is speicies specialization. so once again, how long would it take, from primordial soup to song off the Azores, would it take your theory to specifically produce a song off the Azores?

One is trying to be general, I'm asking for specifics.

Oh goodness, and mankind is a close relative to primates...why they have 96% of our genome...problme being, that 4% if printed out would produce enough paper to fill a liviing room with the differences between "us" and "them"...

And herein is the rub, if one cannot specifically state "when" the DNA required to produce a Blue Whale was created, and "what" steps in your evolutionary path were made, and when, and "why" those steps were take, from a single strand of genetic material in your primordial soup, then all one has is...a theory...ask for specifcs, the argument crumbles unless one is predisposed to accept that lower order mutation leads to higher order mutation, though examples of genetic material, to life, to mutation, to adaptive mutation into a blue whale (or a mouse, or a raccoon) do not exist.

It's your theory, if one cannot fill in the specific steps, then one supposes a Cut and Paste of strawman arguments will have to do?:wink2:

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Nope, that creates the same problem as ID has, a theory in search of evidence.

7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You are just wrong Padre.

DNA is, in fact, evidence. Fossils are, in fact, evidence. Teeth are, in fact, evidence.

From a dna level we can trace much of our make-up to other species. For you to categorically dismiss this, is bizarre.

You guys ask for evidence of transitional species, you're told about the dna. You ignore it, then ask again. You're told about the fossil record. You ignore that too. So I'll ask this question again:

What, in the name of Darwin, do you guys consider evidence? Please define, what your specifications for evidence is?

Celtkin likes this.
  8. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    So, tell me. How long has life been on this earth? The bible implies, if I use your pre-Adam idea, that life began ~ six days before Adam who is approximately 4,000 some odd years old.

Why must I tell you the exact date when a blue whale (or any other species) came into existence thorough evidence. Knowing the exact date or not knowing does nothing to the facts.

We share ~ 98.5% of our genome with chimps. With 25,000 genes, that is 24,375 genes we share. Fill a living room? That wouldn't fill your suitcase. There is clear evidence that chimps and humans branched from the same ancestor.

Here are some reference that I will post snippets form:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/10/061013104633.htm

Humans And Chimps Differ At Level Of Gene Splicing

Here's more chimp specific stuff. We can do the other genome stuff if you'd like:

http://genome.cshlp.org/content/18/11/1698

The longer we continue this conversation, the more the apparent it becomes that you have not learned much about evolution other than what you have read in anti-evolution doctrine. That might cut it if you are talking to a layman but it won't cut it here my friend. :wink2:

Fin D and cnc66 like this.
  9. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    you would be surprised to know that i look surprisingly good for being 4000 years old

Celtkin likes this.
  10. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

you and Al Davis.. good genes

adamprez2003 and Celtkin like this.
  11. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Al Davis has been dead for a while.

[​IMG]