1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50 Reasons I Reject Evolution (stolen from another forum)

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Celtkin, Apr 15, 2009.

1. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    show me the proff of one species turning into another. not conjecture but proof.

creationists and skeptics arent arguing that natural selection doesnt take place.

2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    The problem is you'll reject it as proof. The fact that bears, dogs, and raccoons all share similar dna, won't be poof enough for you. Yes, natural selection is evolution.

Maybe it would help if you told me what would qualify as proof for you, and to define what you think evolutionary theory is.

3. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    This might help:
    [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macroevolution[/ame]

4. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    a mouse is not gonna give birth to a squid, it doesn't work like that. Natural selection is the very basis of evolution

Fin D likes this.
  5. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Then show me the transitional species. We have millions and millions of fossils now and surprisingly the gradual evolution of one species to another just doesnt exist. What you get is huge leaps of supposed evolution. The warm blooded bird is supposed to be a descendant of a cold blooded feathered dinosaur because they look similar and yet there is no intermediate species or the hundred or thousand or so intermediate species it would require to change from one to the other. where are all ther fossil records of these intermediate species.

6. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    1) spontaneous generation. All evolution is based on the premise that at some point we all evolved from a single life form. chemicals and gases mixed together and poof...... life was created spontaneously. Reproduce that in a lab and one of the flaws will go away

2) show one mutation that has increased genetic information (not changed but increased). To go from a single cell organism to a human would require the ability to mutate an increase in genetic information. So far, zero proof of this ability.

3) show the hundreds of transitional mutations from one species to the next. Right now its all based on faith

7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Before Celtkin answers these, I'd like to ask what you think made people?

8. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    teenage aliens on a pitstop to get high on oxygen

Fin D likes this.
  9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    There are literally 1,000's upon 1,000's of transitional species. Some are still alive to this day. Is it your contention that our current crocodilians lived at the same time as super croc, or all the cat species lived at the same time as saber tooth tigers, from beginning to end?

10. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    No seriously.

11. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    I'm open to any explanation. Blind luck, an omnipotent God, Aliens, even evolution once they have better proof, etc..... I lean towards some creator. The mathematical odds of blind luck producing beings that can split atoms seems to me a sucker bet. Someone creating the complexity necessary for human life seems to me to be a much safer bet

12. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA

Proof, proof, proof. All anybody who is against evolution can ever do is go on about the lack of absolute proof despite the enormous amount of evidence. Nevermind the fact that nobody can prove that an omnipotent, eternal entity snapped his fingers and poof... life was created. I'd say a good bit of evolution is based on evidence rather than faith.

Reproduce life in a lab? You know that theories like the one you're referring to about the origins of life have it taking at least a billion years or so with ideal conditions for the first life forms to crop up. How is a lab going to simulate billions of years?

Fin D likes this.
  13. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You have a concept of "proof" and "safer bets" that I cannot grasp.

The massive amounts of evidence, from fossils to dna, to like 90% of the biological scientists, who've researched, tested, every possibility available to them, all not just point, but resoundingly say its evolution. Cells multiply, dna is traced, bone structures compared, and you just categorically dismiss all of it. And the only thing you really think is the answer, has absolutely no evidence behind it. None. Nada. Zip. That's the safer bet to you? Really?

More power to you, but I just don't understand that.

14. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    what evidence? there is no evidence of spontaneous life. This is what your theory proposes. Scientists are in love with the spontaneous. Big Bang, Evolution.....everything in science just appears magically with zero explanation. And yet this concept somehow is seen as more sane then a more conventional viewpoint that someone or something started the process. The odds are billions to the 100th or 1000th power that all the elements would just happen to fall the way they do.

once again i'll state that there is zero opposition to natural selection amongst any group out there. dog and horse breeding prove that. its a straw argument. where evolution gets mocked is where it purports to know the origin of life. it doesnt and it has major flaws that it must answer on how genetic information multiplies from 5 chromosones to 30.

it seems the christian community is the one doing the actual science here in that the basis of science is asking the hard questions of theories and trying to poke holes. it seems to me its the science community that is on the defensive here and doesnt want to admit their flaws and is more interested in silencing their critics ratherr than finding solutions. kinda like the church vs galileo only reversed this time

15. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Nope. Evolution is not about the very beginning. Evolution is about after the first "cell" essentially. The reason is, ALL THE EVIDENCE points towards evolution which, again, IS natural selection. Evolution is fact. How the first "cell" happened is up to speculation, but from that point, there is no question.

ID people are the ones that try to bring creation into the discussion. They are the ones that say evolution isn't true, therefore, natural selection isn't true.

Religion does not do science in this. They have not a single stitch of evidence to even imply, we did not evolve. All they have are sayings and questions.

I can't remember the official name for this question, but its something about a person finding a watch in the middle of the woods, and knowing nothing about watches, would think it was created by someone. This is the type of evidence that is presented. I truly think you haven't done the research on this. Many of your questions have been answered. Your view on what evolution is, is inaccurate.

Religion has a long and storied tradition of being at odds with the science community, because science often says things different than dogma. Science has always proved to be right in these instances, and in that sense, you're right, evolution hasn't happened.

I'm ending this conversation because I do not want it to get heated. Good luck to you and your beliefs.:up:

16. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Uhmmm.... :lol:

I know that wasn't fair, but couldn't resist.

Fin D likes this.
  17. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    I will come back to this when I have more time. I am in the final three weeks of school - an exam today, an exam and a quiz to prepare for my students and two finals of own to prepare for as well as a presentation to prepare for.

That said, please don't confuse bases for chromosomes. No organism that I know of has 5 chromosomes.

Fin D likes this.
  18. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    if it was only natural selection there would be no argument. there isnt a person out there that doesnt believe in natural selection

Celtkin likes this.
  19. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Awesome :)

Some religions have defined evolution as a magical process but the official definition is evolution is as follows:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution[/ame]

Merriam-Webster

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/evolution

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/refpages/search.aspx?q=evolution

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/evolution?view=uk

Fin D and adamprez2003 like this.
  20. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i was waiting for someone to bring up genetic drift and mutation. aww you're no fun :tongue2: doesnt gould's theory contradict askoxford

In a 1977 paper titled "The Return of Hopeful Monsters", Gould wrote: "The fossil record with its abrupt transitions offers no support for gradual change....All paleontologists know that the fossil record contains precious little in the way of intermediate forms; transitions between major groups are characteristically abrupt."[65][66]

http://www.conservapedia.com/Evolution

21. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    In 1985, Gould was more specific regarding his claim that there were intermediate forms and asserted that Archaeopteryx was a intermediate form.[73] Also, according to Dr. Batten, in 1994 the following occurred in regard to Gould's stance on the fossil record:

“ "[Gould] abandoned his earlier position that there are no indisputable examples of transitional fossil series, either inter-specific or between major designs, and has embraced the ‘walking whale’ story as evidence for transformation of one species into another. The evidence for this transition is scant, but Gould uncritically accepts the fanciful description of how Ambulocetus natans walked and swam, as given by Thewissen et al."[65]

same source. I like this one though I think Gould was wrong. Whales have the beginnings of legs because they will transition to the land instead of escaping the land. I cant wait for this to happen. We just have to train them to play nose tackle in football

22. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    science was wrong about how lions hunted and how snakes could hear and the bible was right. Besides modern science owes its start to the church. Copernicus was a believer

23. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    No brother, fake definitions don't trump the real one. :hi5:

24. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Pray tell -- where did you read that? :lol:

I know you are familiar with the fact that scientists who discovered important truths were regularly executed or shunned by the ancient church. Yes?

Fin D likes this.
  25. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    *cough* Gregor Mendel *cough* *cough*

Newton as well.

26. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    And therein is one of the more interesting aspects of the discussion, what is wrong about asking for proof of higher order evolution?

A lab is a poor substitute for a theoritical environment that A. Existed B. Contained the elements to create life C. Ordered themselves to create life D. then branched off into incredible biodiversity.

4 Billion years on earth is not enough time Muscle, I'm not a 6 day Creation kind of guy, I also think Evolutionists have overstated their case based on limited data and understanding.

27. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    The monk? He kept his findings secret so not the be found a heretic as did Newton.

How about Copernicus, Bacon and Galileo? ;)

Fin D likes this.
  28. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    6 days ? 4,000 year old earth? That's what the authority of the bible says. No?

A lab is an excellent place to find answers and 4 billion years is plenty of time by my calculations and based on the evidence. :)

Fin D likes this.
  29. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Newton published his findings:

Bacon was a courtier, any mistake would have led to his death:

Mendel:

Copernicus:

Galileo:

Do note, he took a Augustinian view.

Copernicus:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Copernicus[/ame]

Francis Bacon:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Bacon[/ame]

Galileo:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei[/ame]

Mendel:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Mendel[/ame]

30. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    No, the first paragraph of the Bible disproves the "6,000 yr old earth" theory, some well meaning folks are so invested in a King James Version understanding of "the Earth was created and it was made void" they overlook the principle that a Creator would not make something imperfect..

Do tell, 4 million or more species identified, and that is without transitional species that charitably could be said have not been found as of yet, and all arising from Evolution's "primordial soup"?

How long would it take to produce a blue whale under that theory Celt?

Ballpark it if you'd like.

31. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Galileo Galilei[/FONT]:

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]"The Earth is firmly fixed; it shall not be moved."
    -Psalms 104:5

[/FONT]
    http://freethought.mbdojo.com/galileo.html

Copernicus

http://www.astro.queensu.ca/~hanes/PHYS015-2007/Notes/Theme_03/7._Copernicus.html

Mendel was an incredible man of the cloth and one with a thirst for knowledge about the natural world. Had Mendel chosen to study something other than peas, he may have never figured things out as quickly as he did. That said, Mendel's observations did not step on the church's toes at the time nor did they contradict the bible as did others (see above) but Mendel kept his greater thoughts about genetic inheritance to himself out of concern that he be considered a heretic.

32. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Just so I understand, the first paragraph if Genesis is correct but later in Genesis when the lineage of Adam was established, that was wrong?

There are thousands of transition species. What are you talking about?

How long does it take to get us where we are today? 4.5 billion years. :wink2:

Fin D likes this.
  33. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Isaiah something lol I think. Thought it was funny. As for the church going after scientists its the same as the communists or nazis going after priests and rabbis. That's a human problem not a religious one. Some people simply dont like opposing viewpoints. Kinda like me with jets fans

padre31 and Celtkin like this.
  34. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    In theory, aren't all animals and plants, transitional species?

I think the confusion comes in, because a true lack of understanding as to how evolution works. I think when people ask for the "transitional species" they think there should be fossils of a 75% bear & 25% pig, then a 50/50 bear & pig fossil, then 25/75 bear & pig fossil. Again, I want to lay a lot of the blame of that misconception at the feet of that old chimp to man graphic, that is still being used today to describe evolution.

Celtkin likes this.
  35. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    When the Earth was "made void" that was pre Adamic Covenent, meaning a Epoch had occured.

As for Transitional species, that is not what I inquired about, how long, from primordial soup to blue whale, did that specific process of a blue whale evolving take to happen?

And while we are on the subject of transitional species, can you show an example of higher order species? And that is one of the problems I have with Evolution vis a vis Biodiversity, with 2 million existing species today, each would require several series of genetic ancestors, where are they?

36. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W

Gotcha. So all of life here today is 4000 years old?

Whales:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/03/4/l_034_05.html

Again, you misunderstand genetics and evolution. Each species would not require several series of genetic ancestors. Species are interconnected and branch. Some "transitional" species are still here and some are extinct. Dinosaurs were the ancestors of birds, some amphibians and reptiles -- different species from a few sources. You can see remnants of their ancestral genome in the modern animals. It really is a no-brainer if you understand the evidence.

We carry lower primate genome and even some reptilian and fish developmental genes in our genome today. That is not an example of God paying "puzzle" - it is evidence that evolution is real.

Fin D likes this.
  37. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Religion doesn't kill people. People kill people. :pointlol:

Religion is just a form of organization, and people in groups normally do not like change. Same thing with the global warming group now :eek:

I'm sure before modern religion people were getting ostracized and killed for their outside the box views. That's human nature. Not just religion.

Jets fans are ALMOST human. Almost. They're only at 4 letter words but they're coming along nicely!

38. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    I know brother. Same with wolves. Wolves don't kill elk. Wolves in packs kill elk. :lol:

39. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    :pointlol:

Piranha's too.

We need an anti-association law. No more associations. Less people will get killed.

But your analogy doesn't work though. Wolves do kill elk, in groups, but they still do. ;) Need to come up with a weapon for wolves (maybe their fangs) or a specific cult/religion causing them to kill, and hunger isn't one of them! :yes:

40. Celtkin

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    That's what I said - wolves in packs :) I don't believe it is common for a single wolf to hunt elk but I could be wrong. I am most familiar with the biology of tiny stuff and tend to stay away from critters with too many cells.