1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 assistants who will impact their new teams

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Link: HERE

2. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Well Defensive guys have to thank Henne, since he gave 13 points to add to that stat...

On to topic, thanks for the link.. Can't wait to see what Nolan does with these guys...

3. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    We need those pieces in the draft or free agents and Nolan will make a change here.

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    need not throw rocks @ Henne.
    he made his bones in 2010
    & now we have a starting franchise qb.
    got to make some mistakes to learn
    great thread, FriendColmax
    w/ some coaching up
    & a new piece or two
    the defense will be awsome
    we will contend in 2010 :up:

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. Disnardo

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    23rd... I was not throwing rocks, I was stating the obvious... No one mentions that he had a hand on that specific franchise record, at least contributed 10% to it... Was I the only one that noticed???

Anyways like I stated above, I like Henne, I like his character and his intangibles...

Is he a franchise QB???, That book is not written yet, he has the arm and intelligence, but he needs to show that he can learn and avoid mistakes and that only time will tell...

6. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    OT:

But....how did he contribute 13 points?

7. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    My guess would be his ints. But didn't really remember how many of his ints resulted in the opposing team scoring.

8. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I get the 13, but the way it is worded, it seems as though Henne was directly involved (pick 6, safety, etc.).

I was just wondering how he came up with 13. People throw INTs all of the time, and they do end up being converted, but the wording in this case seemed as though Henne was the sole contributor.

9. Disnardo

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    His Pick 6 INT in the 4th quarter against SD...returned for TD...

His other Pick 6 INT in the 4th quarter against NO...returned for TD...
    Yes he was...

Again I am not picking on our QB, but he threw 2 pick 6's last year that contributed to the 4th quarter record...

10. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    6 + 6 = 12 (not 13....it was an odd number, hence, my query)

So, with that, Henne personally contributed 8.6% of the 140 points allowed by the Dolphins last year in the 4th quarter. For a first year starting QB, that really ain't that much. What's the difference between 128 and 140 points? I mean, yeah, it didn't help, but it's not even 10% of the lot.

I'm not bothered by that.

Also, generally speaking, starting QBs seem to throw more INTs on their own side of the field (especially between the 21-50 yd lines). With that, the likelihood of INTs being taken to the house is of a much higher percentage. One of Henne's INTs fall into that category. And if you think about the idea of Henne maybe having to push the envelope a little because of being behind, it is easier for the defense to key in as to what Miami is going to do. If I am not mistaken, at those points in the games, Miami was behind. They knew Henne was going to throw.

Personally, I do not think it is too big of a deal, but I understand your side. Let's just hope he corrects his mistakes.

Disnardo likes this.
  11. Disnardo

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Sorry Coolmax, I did not make myself more clearer...

According to the stats the 13 points would have been 6 +1 (XP) +6= 13

The second pick 6 only counted for 6 because NO went for a 2 point conv and they failed...

I can see where the odd number seems, well odd...:yes:

Anyways, yes we all hope Hennne has all the tools that we have been missing since Danny Boy... If he has the tools, then we must give him the weapons...

and I am not talking just Offensive weapons now, but some explosive playmakers on Defense that can cause TO and give Henne short field to work with...

Colmax likes this.
  12. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

How did a discussion of our new DC end up being a thread about Henne?

I have high hopes for Nolan and the D. I think he's a HUGE upgrade over Pasqualoni. Get him a FS, ILB, NT and OLB in FA or the draft, and we could be enjoying a seriously improved D this season. And yes, those were in the order I think we need each position.Though FS and ILB could be swapped, they are equally needed IMVHO.

13. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    That pick 6 against NO wouldnt have happened if Ted Ginn didnt suck.

So really he only directly gave opposing defenses 6 pts.

14. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Ahhh....you got me with the ole "22 fakey"! :lol:

Disnardo likes this.
  15. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    [​IMG]

16. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    not to worry
    the IceMan cometh
    having made his his bones
    the offense will blossom
    w/one more pick

17. Disnardo

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Sorry about continuing this topic...just want to clear the misunderstanding...

Henne threw a pick 6 at the end of the game (4th quarter)... The one to Ginn was at the start of the 3rd quarter...

18. Disnardo

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Really have nothing but upside to this kid... He had great games against the Jets and a good games against the Saints and the 1st NE. He had his receivers drop a few key passes in those games...

I don't know what happened to Pasquoloni's D last year, can't put a finger on it, cause I don't know where to start...

Maybe, just maybe, hate to bring it back up... Maybe had to be the Strength of Schedule played last year. We definitely played against better Offenses which brought to the light the talent lacking areas of our D this year...

I could be wrong, won't be the last time, but I believe that the FO knew of our Short Commings on our Defense, hence stocking up of DB's in the draft and FA. Parcells and Tony know which way to go, and Nolan will give that D a fine tuning starting this Off-Season...

19. dbergan

dbergan Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 15, 2007
    My god...how MANY pick 6 issues did Dan the man have at the end of his career?!? Used to just kill me. I'm loving this Henne kid and expect more screwups...but Im thinking the 4thQ wins will overshadow the few screups he has as he learns. Atleast I can hope so...LOL.

Regardless....clearly we have MAJOR issues w/ this current defense which have nothing to do w/ Chad. Hopefully Nolan fixes most of it...with draft picks and help.