49ers VS cardinals
100 replies
anyone else watching?
I don't know much about the niners besides their record, frank gore and clements.
i know enough about arizona unfortunately :(
who steps up?
who falls down?
pants on or off at halftime ;)?
"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl
The Niners will lose this game. I almost want to say they have no chance of winning but it is the NFL. The Cardinals are undefeated at home this year I think. They need to keep Shaun Hill off his back. With J.T. O'Sullivan starting, they allowed more sacks on 2nd and 3rd down than one 1st down. O'Sullivan did hold on to the ball too long at times but they're offensive line is still not very good. I believe rookie Chilo Rachal will be starting at Guard tonight. It may be too early for him to start but Singletary praised him for his strong week of practice and they want to see what they have in terms of talent on the team. They turned the ball over a lot with O'Sullivan. I think he had the most fourth quarter turnovers and had 18 total this year. Shaun Hill knows how to protect the ball or at least a better job than O'Sullivan. There's a lot of work to be done there but they do have a couple pieces on that offense for the future. One is Frank Gore and the other is Josh Morgan. On defense, they can't stop the run and they can't stop the pass. You will never win games like that. They're Safeties are too slow for starters and they're defensive line hasn't played well this year.
If Frank Gore, Kurt Warner, Fitz, Boldin, and Hightower can go nuts on the stat board, I'll be happy. Maybe even Bruce though I don't need his contribution for that particular team.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Cardinals are playing well this year, SF is terrible. Anything can happen I guess, but if I had to guess, this is gonna be a bloodbath.
Out of curiosity, how many think Mike Singletary will be a successful HC? I think he will be.
"alen1 wrote:
Out of curiosity, how many think Mike Singletary will be a successful HC? I think he will be.
He's already done all the right moves in his treatment of Vernon Davis. Though I don't know of many HC's who drop their pants in front of their team. If Sparano did that, the team would probably lose about 100 pounds collectively after puking. :lol:
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

"alen1 wrote:
Out of curiosity, how many think Mike Singletary will be a successful HC? I think he will be.
I liked him a lot in the discussions back before we hired Cam, but Im not so sure now. I wasnt a huge fan of the Davis thing, and the pants dropping was a bit odd. I dont know. Im not sure he can get on well enough with the players to be a successful HC in this league.
And no, I dont mean being a "players coach" or coddling malcontents like TO or Moss or what have you.
Simmons had an interesting blurb on Tom Coughlins new approach. He lumps players into 3 categories, the team players, the standard players and the malcontents. Instead of coddling the latter group and by doing so alienating the other 2, he goes and gets the support of group 1 and 2, leaving group 3 on an island. Its like the opposite of Dallas.
Im not sure Singletary can deal with that kind of mentality, I could easily see him alienating a whole team pretty quickly. Im not entirely sure he hasnt done so with SF already.
"Regan21286 wrote:
He's already done all the right moves in his treatment of Vernon Davis. Though I don't know of many HC's who drop their pants in front of their team. If Sparano did that, the team would probably lose about 100 pounds collectively after puking. :lol:
Lmao! He did drop his pants but he wasn't nude according to an 49er spokesman. He was wearing boxers.
"alen1 wrote:
Lmao! He did drop his pants but he wasn't nude according to an 49er spokesman. He was wearing boxers.
God forbid if he didn't. But a smart HC would have the cheerleaders come over and drop trou. That will get the players motivated.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

This one will be over quick. I expect to see Arizona jump out to 21-0 by the end of the first quarter. Arizona just has too many weapons, and outside of Patrick Willis and Nate Clements, the 49ers defense is suspect.
Only way San Fran stays in this game is by feeding Gore the rock and making an attempt to shorten the game.
I'm going to say you're all wrong and SF pull the upset just to be different.
For the record I hate the niners.
"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl
There is NO way the 9ers win this game. I do like the way Mike Singletary has started out with his team now, but it's definitely going to take a lot more than that to turn around that crappy collection of football players they call the 49ers team.
"phinnhedd wrote:
There is NO way the 9ers win this game. I do like the way Mike Singletary has started out with his team now, but it's definitely going to take a lot more than that to turn around that crappy collection of football players they call the 49ers team.
Any Given Sunday. Or Monday in this case.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Woot!! Go Cardinals!! I'm rooting for Arizona to win the NFC. I'd welcome a Super matchup of Miami vs Arizona. OMG, I'd die of joy.
After the Cards come out to an early lead, Shaun Hill (qb of the 9ers) will have to throw the ball a lot, leaving the running game from Frank Gore grounded.
Lol niner td opening kickoff
"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl
you're all gonna eat crow lmao and hah at gish
"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl
I guess the Phins need to learn how to play special teams like the 49ers :hides:
Heh still plenty of game to play, but the 49ers coulnt have asked for a better start. They need some big plays to compete and just got one.
What happened? I missed it.
Has there ever been a game where one teams takes a KO for a TD, then they kick off to the other team and THEY run it back for a TD?
"alen1 wrote:
What happened? I missed it.
niners returned a kickoff.
"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl
Breaston is a big part of their offense. No wonder they let Bryant Johnson leave.