46 Defense

2 replies

2socks2socksForum VeteranOP
Sep 9, 2015, 08:42 AM

So we (Chattahoochee Cougars) are not good against the run and play several running teams That are ranked top 20 in the state. We were playing a 5-2.

Has anyone ever coached the 46 Bear?

I installed it yesterday in practice and we did quite well. Shut down the running game cold. Of course the kids are mostly a scout team, but none the less I was very encouraged and the kids seemed to love it.

Anyone have any thoughts or tips

Winning isn't everything - it's the only thing
In Our Business there is no second place
Either your first or your last

Vince Lombardi

DisgustipateDisgustipateSupporter
Sep 9, 2015, 09:22 AM

I'm not sure you'll get a load of coaching tips, here. There are a couple of coaches, but I'm not sure you have that many.

I'd tend to think ultimately you need to be prepared for the typical 46 defense countermeasures and have adjustments for that. I would tend to think you should at very least be prepared to go to a Bear-front without a safety in the box, etc.

This is an excellent resource for this type of thing.
http://coachhuey.com/

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Sep 10, 2015, 06:38 PM

Wait... how is this in the same forum as Aqua debating banging an online dating cougar with falsies?

This is football.