45 Passes, 17 runs against 32nd ranked Run D

22 replies

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum VeteranOP
Dec 19, 2010, 04:08 PM

That says it all. 10 rushes for Ronnie Brown. 7 rushes for Ricky Williams. Are you ****ing kidding me?

You let Henne throw the ball 45 times? People say we don't have a run game...that's because WE DON'T call running plays.

Bills have the 8th pass D and 32nd Run D. And they never stuck to the run to begin with. Forget about re-signing Ronnie, if I were him I'd shun the Dolphins and be gone if this coaching staff comes back. They don't give him the ball.

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Dec 19, 2010, 04:13 PM

Its simple... Fire henning


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

NolePhinNolePhinNew Member
Dec 19, 2010, 04:15 PM

"brandon27 wrote:

Its simple... Fire henning


I agree we need a more open-minded/up to date OC. I think Sparano deserves that at least.

Thanks for the sig, Gish!

Wildcat23Wildcat23New Member
Dec 19, 2010, 04:15 PM

I am relatively calm about this loss. I find comfort in that I expected it, and that Henning is as good as gone, possibly sparano too.

GMJohnsonGMJohnsonNew Member
Dec 19, 2010, 04:16 PM

"NolePhin wrote:

I agree we need a more open-minded/up to date OC. I think Sparano deserves that at least.


This.

GarryowenGarryowenNew Member
Dec 19, 2010, 04:16 PM

Did you see Ronnie? He put on his "Moves" before he was even threatened. That's not how you run for a new contract.

gilv13gilv13Forum Veteran
Dec 19, 2010, 04:16 PM

seriously, you think he would do something that would make that much sense?

ASasciiNew Member
Dec 19, 2010, 04:17 PM

"NolePhin wrote:

I agree we need a more open-minded/up to date OC. I think Sparano deserves that at least.


He stated in his post game that he told Dan Henning to open it. He's had that power all season and could have done it all season. He didn't.

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
Dec 19, 2010, 04:19 PM

Ricky should have had around 18 carries and 25 for Ronnie. But, we've been saying it all year. Could even give some of those to Cobbs if you want. In most of the Dolphins wins this year they've ran the ball about the same or more than they've passed. No surprise we lost now.

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

PSGPSGForum Veteran
Dec 19, 2010, 04:26 PM

Dan Henning is a senile old fart who needs to be sent to an old age home to eat pudding for supper for the rest of his days.

FLflynryan151New Member
Dec 19, 2010, 04:33 PM

Here let me help you! Berger Incogfatslownito and McDouche we have no oline! Oh and Martha is awesome

ClipseClipseNew Member
Dec 19, 2010, 05:28 PM

I'm hoping this doesn't surprise you considering who our OC is.

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Dec 19, 2010, 09:20 PM

"NolePhin wrote:

I agree we need a more open-minded/up to date OC. I think Sparano deserves that at least.


To hell with Sparano too really. It's his philosophy to play ultra conservative that gets us into most of this trouble. He can go too as far as I'm concerned.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

CirclingWagonsCirclingWagonsNew Member
Dec 19, 2010, 09:29 PM

Yeah I was very surprised by this...I thought Miami would attempt to run it down their throats. Seems to work for everybody else...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-flF4vKsPgM

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Dec 19, 2010, 09:32 PM

"CirclingWagons wrote:

Yeah I was very surprised by this...I thought Miami would attempt to run it down their throats. Seems to work for everybody else...


Nah..where is the fun in exploiting weaknesses? How could we then infuriate the fan base?

It's as if they are tanking games on purpose.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

cdz12250cdz12250Supporter
Dec 19, 2010, 09:33 PM

"flynryan151 wrote:

Here let me help you! Berger Incogfatslownito and McDouche we have no oline! Oh and Martha is awesome


This. Several times. We don't run the ball because we can't. Ronnie dances because there is no hole.

CirclingWagonsCirclingWagonsNew Member
Dec 19, 2010, 10:00 PM

"Section126 wrote:

Nah..where is the fun in exploiting weaknesses? How could we then infuriate the fan base?

It's as if they are tanking games on purpose.


It's almost that egregious with the negligent playcalling...it was seriously mind-boggling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-flF4vKsPgM

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Dec 19, 2010, 10:14 PM

"CirclingWagons wrote:

It's almost that egregious with the negligent playcalling...it was seriously mind-boggling.


Well...you know...My wife is a football fan..but she is not up on team rankings..etc...

She tells me.."Buffalo is terrible (no offense)...Henne should have a good game.."

I then respond "intelligently"..by saying "nah..their secondary is pretty good....but they can;t stop the run...this is a Ronnie/Ricky game....we should run it 40 times at least....and win by 9 or 10."

We then throw it 45 times and ignore the run. My Wife: "I thought you said that they can;t stop the run...why are we throwing it so much?" I just shook my head..and smiled.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

xphinfanxxphinfanxForum Veteran
Dec 19, 2010, 10:19 PM

Not like we don't have enough healthy running backs either.

That's why they play the games!:yes:

CirclingWagonsCirclingWagonsNew Member
Dec 19, 2010, 10:31 PM

"Section126 wrote:

Well...you know...My wife is a football fan..but she is not up on team rankings..etc...

She tells me.."Buffalo is terrible (no offense)...Henne should have a good game.."

I then respond "intelligently"..by saying "nah..their secondary is pretty good....but they can;t stop the run...this is a Ronnie/Ricky game....we should run it 40 times at least....and win by 9 or 10."

We then throw it 45 times and ignore the run. My Wife: "I thought you said that they can;t stop the run...why are we throwing it so much?" I just shook my head..and smiled.


lol, I hear ya man. Everybody always overreacts and thinks they can coach better than the actual professionals, but from what I've seen this year (from a number of coaches around the league) I'm actually starting to believe it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-flF4vKsPgM

mrozmrozSupporter
Dec 19, 2010, 10:47 PM

IMO, this comes down to the fact that our OL sucks A$$.... but that is just my opinion

RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Dec 19, 2010, 10:53 PM

"NolePhin wrote:

I agree we need a more open-minded/up to date OC. I think Sparano deserves that at least.


Maybe so, but at the very least one who will make adjustments / is competent.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

FrayserFrayserForum Veteran
Dec 19, 2010, 11:02 PM

Come on, guys! We didn't abandon the run! The run abandoned us!

:pity: