#3 pick...

327 replies

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 10:44 PM

"texanphinatic wrote:

OK, so fire Flores, trade Tua.

Anything else on the to do list?

Don't forget Grier.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 10:46 PM

"Destroyer wrote:

Don't forget Grier.

Yeah sure why not. We definitely should be in the playoffs a year removed from a total teardown. Very real timetable.

Rick 1966Rick 1966Forum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 10:47 PM

"texanphinatic wrote:

OK, so fire Flores, trade Tua.

Anything else on the to do list?

I never said to fire Flores. I said I was disappointed with their attitude in the game and it wasn't going to make for a fun offseason. Stop trying to put words on my keyboard.

Rick 1966Rick 1966Forum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 10:48 PM

"JIGGAJOE wrote:

Negative. Seattle had Hasselback for like 6-8 years till 2011, took travaris jackson on free agent pick up that year (had to Google that), then drafted Wilson 2012 75th!!! overall and have had him since. Nothing like Seattle. You want to take a qb with our 50th pick this year, you'll get no argument outta me. If anything we are taking a similar trajectory as Seattle to this point. Only difference really is Wilson had Beastmode to lean on.

No, Wilson looked much better in his first season than Tua ever will.

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 10:52 PM

"Rick 1966 wrote:

I never said to fire Flores. I said I was disappointed with their attitude in the game and it wasn't going to make for a fun offseason. Stop trying to put words on my keyboard.

If you let one loss define this offseason that's you choosing to be a sourpuss.

No argument that it was a flat out bad game, but again, this team has the ability to markedly improve this offseason in multiple ways. You want teams that will have rough off seasons look at somewhere like Detroit that gets to rebuild from the Quinn\Patricia garbage with 5 draft picks and little cap space and an aging, middling injury prone QB.

Frankly, it's going to be difficult to go back to "normal" in 2022.

This game definitely should leave a bad taste for a few days, but don't let it define the whole offseason and be miserable while we build.

Rick 1966Rick 1966Forum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 10:54 PM

"texanphinatic wrote:

If you let one loss define this offseason that's you choosing to be a sourpuss.

LOL yeah, sure, whatever.

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 10:56 PM

"texanphinatic wrote:

If you let one loss define this offseason that's you choosing to be a sourpuss.

No argument that it was a flat out bad game, but again, this team has the ability to markedly improve this offseason in multiple ways. You want teams that will have rough off seasons look at somewhere like Detroit that gets to rebuild from the Quinn\Patricia garbage with 5 draft picks and little cap space and an aging, middling injury prone QB.

Frankly, it's going to be difficult to go back to "normal" in 2022.

This game definitely should leave a bad taste for a few days, but don't let it define the whole offseason and be miserable while we build.

If Chan Gailey isn't fired(and preferably Grier) any building on offense won't matter.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

Deus ex dolphinDeus ex dolphinForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 10:59 PM

"Rick 1966 wrote:

It means when you have a third overall pick, which we haven't had in a long time, we need to take a shot if a star-level QB is available.

This. You don't waste the rare opportunity when you have such a high pick -if there is a QB there who seems to be franchise level. We won't EVER get a pick that high again with Flores coaching (unless you gut the team once again), he is good enough to get even a bad team 6-8 wins each year. Only finding another sucker trade like Houston gave us would give Miami the chance to pick another QB in the top five, but I don't see that happening again.

A terrible play call, terribly executed.

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 10:59 PM

"Destroyer wrote:

If Chan Gailey isn't fired(and preferably Grier) any building on offense won't matter.

Won't argue with Gailey but the idea of Grier being fired is ludicrous. He's 100% safe.

JIGGAJOEJIGGAJOEForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 11:01 PM

"Rick 1966 wrote:

No, Wilson looked much better in his first season than Tua ever will.

Here is the clear difference. You have written off Tua after 10 games. I have not. I'm willing to give him a full season with a full compliment of offensive weapons.

FishOutOfWaterFishOutOfWaterForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 11:02 PM

So they draft a QB at 3, and the Dolphins are in the exact same position a year from now, a rookie QB with no weapons. This offense needs Chase/Smith. Picking one of the second tier options at 18 doesn’t really move the needle. Get Tua a game breaker at WR and RB (plus a new OC) and I guarantee you this offense looks different.

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 11:02 PM

"texanphinatic wrote:

Won't argue with Gailey but the idea of Grier being fired is ludicrous. He's 100% safe.

Name a pro bowl caliber player he’s drafted besides Xavien Howard.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

Rick 1966Rick 1966Forum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 11:02 PM

"JIGGAJOE wrote:

Here is the clear difference. You have written off Tua after 10 games. I have not. I'm willing to give him a full season with a full compliment of offensive weapons.

I have given up on him ever being as good as Russel Wilson, yes.

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 11:04 PM

"Deus ex dolphin wrote:

This. You don't waste the rare opportunity when you have such a high pick -if there is a QB there who seems to be franchise level. We won't EVER get a pick that high again with Flores coaching (unless you gut the team once again), he is good enough to get even a bad team 6-8 wins each year. Only finding another sucker trade like Houston gave us would give Miami the chance to pick another QB in the top five, but I don't see that happening again.

I will say the one thing that makes it somewhat possible is the lack of a defensive stud. There is no Chase Young, Nick Chubb, Von Miller in this draft.

If they truly feel the value in Zack Wilson is higher than, say Sewell or Chase, or in trading back, then OK.

But at that point, your probably looking to move Tua now rather than let him compete Ala Josh Rosen.

I don't know if Wilson is that special of a player. Lawrence and Fields imo are, but I don't see them not going 1-2. Whether the Jests take one or trade out for a team that will, they are the two best.

JIGGAJOEJIGGAJOEForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 11:06 PM

"Destroyer wrote:

Name a pro bowl caliber player he’s drafted besides Xavien Howard.

Minkah fitzpatrick, Reshad Jones, obviously. Many think Parker should have gotten the nod last year. Landry before Gase ran him off.

FIFirelandForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 11:06 PM

"Destroyer wrote:

If Chan Gailey isn't fired(and preferably Grier) any building on offense won't matter.

Now that I agree with. Hiring Gailey was the biggest mistake on this entire rebuild.

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 11:08 PM

"Destroyer wrote:

Name a pro bowl caliber player he’s drafted besides Xavien Howard.

"Name a probowl player except not this probowl player, he doesn't count!"

Anyway, whatever your feelings, objective reality is that he's 100% safe. He was told to tear down and rebuild this roster and we ended up with a 10 win season In YEAR 2 and STILL have a dragons hoard of draft pick and a huge chunk of cap to spend.

You do NOT get fired for that broseph.

JIGGAJOEJIGGAJOEForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 11:08 PM

"Rick 1966 wrote:

I have given up on him ever being as good as Russel Wilson, yes.

Well as your profile indicates you'd rather shoot from the hip, than aim at your target.

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 11:10 PM

"JIGGAJOE wrote:

Minkah fitzpatrick, Reshad Jones, obviously. Many think Parker should have gotten the nod last year. Landry before Gase ran him off.

He’s been him GM since 16. Landry, Parker and Jones weren’t his picks. Minkah isn’t on this team And clearly has character issues.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

Rick 1966Rick 1966Forum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 11:11 PM

"JIGGAJOE wrote:

Well as your profile indicates you'd rather shoot from the hip, than aim at your target.

That makes no sense in this context. Russel Wilson has been to two Superbowls and 8 Pro Bowls. He's probably going to be a Hall of Famer assuming injury doesn't cut his career short. You see THAT in Tua's future? Be freaking honest.

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 11:12 PM

"texanphinatic wrote:

"Name a probowl player except not this probowl player, he doesn't count!"

Anyway, whatever your feelings, objective reality is that he's 100% safe. He was told to tear down and rebuild this roster and we ended up with a 10 win season In YEAR 2 and STILL have a dragons hoard of draft pick and a huge chunk of cap to spend.

You do NOT get fired for that broseph.

1 pro bowl player in 5 drafts is not enough. Everyone should want him fired.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

JIGGAJOEJIGGAJOEForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 11:22 PM

"Destroyer wrote:

He’s been him GM since 16. Landry, Parker and Jones weren’t his picks. Minkah isn’t on this team And clearly has character issues.

Pretty sure he was head of our scouting department before that correct? I could be wrong here. Minkah still counts.

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 11:25 PM

"Destroyer wrote:

1 pro bowl player in 5 drafts is not enough. Everyone should want him fired.

Want is irrelevant because it's not happening. Guaranteed.

You don't fire a guy who was told to tear down a roster entirely after he's done nothing but significantly better the teams record. It's just not even a remote possibility.

I will say I would like to see more play makers drafted (Minkah and Tunsil made the PB though were of course traded for differing reasons). But overall the drafts are solid.

His future will depend mostly on Tua and what he (Grier) does this offseason. FA misses and draft busts with team regression? The seat heats. FA scores with a dynamic rookie class and playoff berth? Cold as ice.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 11:32 PM

"texanphinatic wrote:

I get it to a degree, we wanted Tua to come in and not look like a rookie. I know I did.

But I think the hyperbole train is running overtime based on the emotion of a bad loss in a big game.

We are still one offseason (which didn't really exist thanks to Covid) from being one the least talented teams in history.

We need firepower and play makers and game changers at many spots on both sides and a real offseason to coach and gel with so many young players.

We do need to can Gaily though, not impressed at all.

I agree. I wanted Tua to dominate as well.

Agreed about Gailey as well

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

JIGGAJOEJIGGAJOEForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2021, 11:33 PM

"Rick 1966 wrote:

That makes no sense in this context. Russel Wilson has been to two Superbowls and 8 Pro Bowls. He's probably going to be a Hall of Famer assuming injury doesn't cut his career short. You see THAT in Tua's future? Be freaking honest.

I'm not trying to predict the future, but you clearly have a crystal ball Zoltar. Plus my comment makes perfect sense. How dare you.

Seriously though, at the end of the day what Tua does going forward is anybody's guess. I believe, like others who have made the Manning comparison. One bad rookie year isn't indicative of a players career.