1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3-2 is a good spot

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Trowa, Oct 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ilovemyfins4eva

ilovemyfins4eva New Member

Oct 17, 2010
    long island
    well the thing is,as much as we hate the jets and i would love them to lose, the way they have been getting every bounce this year there way, i just dont see many losses left on that sched. would i be surprised if they lost any of their remaining games? no, but heres who they got.

vs gb, at cle, at det, vs hou, vs cinn, at ne, vs mia, at pitt, at chi, vs buf.

i think the only tough games they got left are vs gb, at ne, vs mia, and at pitt. i mean obviously they can lose to houston or any other team on that sched, but if they are going to lose anymore games, the ones i just said r prob the best chances they got to lose.

if they did lose those 4 games, that would still be 11-5, and odds r they win one of those, hopefully not vs us those.

will see though, anything can happen from now till jan2nd, and it only takes 1 play to possibly change a season for good or bad.

2. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    @CHI, in bitter cold/wind???, could well be a key one too. But even if they take AFCE with 11.....10 wins from Miami standpont I would expect playoff mix (now do we miss out with 10 wins per tie-breaker...maybe...but 10 wins will be final wildcard...pretty confident on that)

This AFC is a toss up.

3. ilovemyfins4eva

ilovemyfins4eva New Member

Oct 17, 2010
    long island
    first bold- bears are awful, does not matter the weather. i mean, yes anything can happen any given sunday in the nfl, but with the jets agressive defense, and the bears horrendous[ although thats not even the word for how bad their o line is] o line, the jets can realisticly sack cutler that game 10 times. of course the jets can lose that game as they can any other game, but the bears r just so bad.

as for 10 wins, if we were to beat Pitt and Baltimore, then maybe we can get in at 10 wins for wild-card if we have the tiebreakers, but if no tiebreakers, forget it.

4. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Long time between now and then to find out about Bears and any improvements, etc.

We can get to 10 wins even with losses to Pitt & Bal as ending our first 8 at 4-4, sets us up for 10wins based on 6 of our final 8 per the set up of the sched. But, grabbing a win vs Pitt or Bal creates a nice cushion and helps us vs tiebreakers....but thats a different scenario.

5. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    A very strong conference without a clearly dominant team generally results in the win/loss records being lower not higher. By all accounts the AFC is very even so odds are that teams will get into the playoffs with lower records than usual, not higher. IIRC there was only one, maybe two years ever where 11-5 wasn't a lock. Most years 10-6 gets you in. If the conference is as strong as everybody believes it is then odds are that it will take a record lower than 10-6 to get in this year.

6. VA_Dolfan

VA_Dolfan New Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Virginia Beach
    I predicted us to be 3-2 at this point but the losses i predicted were from MIN and GB. 13-3/12-4 was what i said in the begining if we beat Pitt or BAL we will get 12 wins. I am not scared of the jets or pats (jets shoulda lost to us and the pats ony won because of ST). other than that we got @cinn-W ten-W chi-W @oak-W cle-W buf-W det-W thats 10 wins already with 4 extra games(pitt, bal, nyj, ne) all we need is 2 of thoes wins and we have 12 wins we will be AFCE champs by the end of the season

7. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    The problem isn`t the 3-2 record. It`s the home losses to New England and the Jets.
    Those 2 losses will come back to haunt us. They will probably be the reason we miss the playoffs
    Unless we win in Foxboro and in Giants Stadium:up:

FinFan316 likes this.