1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24 Returns!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jt0323, Nov 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    24 Returns this sunday...sorta... the 24 TV movie Redemption will premiere this Sunday night and season 7 starts in January! i cant wait!

2. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    man it's been 3 years

no show last year

i'm pretending season 6 did not happen

3. dolphinsgirl

dolphinsgirl New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Central PA
    Looking forward to some Jack Bauer on Sunday too!

4. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    im looking forward to it, but i dont know what to make of it

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

i won't be watching this show.

6. dolphinsgirl

dolphinsgirl New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Central PA
    I heard a favorable review of the TV movie on a national talk show this morning. Said Jack has lost a lot of weight...guess that's what prison does to you! LOL

7. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    My Sunday should be good. Miami and Jack Bauer blowing things up...hopefully.

8. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    Cant Wait

9. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Completely agree. Season 6 was just a bunch of crap. Not original at all and used many storylines and plots in previous seasons. Hopefully Season 7 is much better and gets back on track, I'm hoping the show hasn't jumped shark but I do fear there's not much else the writers can really do with the franchise.

10. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Wait Redemption is a 24 movie???

11. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    yeah. the season doesnt start until january

12. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    :lol: did not know. Glad I came and checked in here first.

13. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The prequel was eh. I wasn't expecting much from it though but it was nice to see Jack back. And I think it's obvious that the President's son's girlfriend is bad.

14. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Really I think the Presidents husband is bad.

15. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I hope not. I really hope there are no moles/spies within the government and that there isn't some kind of attempt to kill or injury the President this season.

16. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    To obvious huh?

17. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I can't wait for the epic faceoff between Jack and Tony. You just know Jack is going ot have to shoot him in the head and not want to do it.

This franchise's future, in my opinion will be in movies and specials like you saw today. The show as it stands now, is running thin on premises and is now hasmpered by its realtime nature, as opposed to enhancing.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last season as a regular show and instead, it continues on as a series of two hour movies that don't necesarily butt up against each other.

18. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I really hope that Tony is a double agent and is undercover for the US. Unfortunately I don't think that's the case and I wouldn't be shocked to see him arrested and/or killed by the 8th episode. I really hope the writers don't waste Tony's character for shock value and then just kill him off.

19. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I thought it was a real good start last night, but it ticks me off to no end that I have to wait almost a month and a half for the next one.

20. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    yeah. i really liked it too. i think it was crafted very well. jon voight is a nice choice

we have a real reason to root for jack again.

i cant imagine a new season starting off without this prequel. i think it was very effective at doing what it needed to

i think we have to remember that even in the best seasons, there was some frustrating crap we had to watch, but it was always outweighed.

21. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Good start to the season.I liked it and I am ready for another season of 24 .I am not attached to any of the characters though so I wouldnt mind if they are all new.

The first president Palmer was the only one that I missed.

22. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    yeah he was the best. the friendship between him and jack is what made the show move. season 1 was a masterpiece

CrunchTime likes this.
  23. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Tony is supposedly the main bad guy for this season, so I doubt he is killed off/jettisoned early on. But you never know with this show. They pride themselves on killing just about everyone and having twist and turn upon twist and turn.

It would be great to have a season end where the main bad guy ISN'T caught. Perhaps a disastor is averted, but the bad guy slips away and lives to fight another day. If Tony can be that guy, then it might sustain another season after that.

Tony is essentially Jack with a different name, so having him be the penultimate villain to end the series would be perfect. Perhaps, since this isn't a perfect world (not even in the 24 world), Tony ultimately prevails and kills Jack?

24. dolphinsgirl

dolphinsgirl New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Central PA
    I too enjoyed the movie last night. I especially LOVED how they portrayed the UN!

CrunchTime likes this.
  25. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I'd vote for that ending, of course I like Tony just as much as Jack so I'm biased.

And your post having a bad guy in multiple seasons I support and agree 100%. That's what they did with Nina Myers and she was great (the only thing I didn't like and maybe that's why there hasn't been another baddie that's been in more than 1 season is she kept coming back and back, her role in Season 2 was needed but in Season 3 i felt that the writers could have avoided using her and have her make a comeback in a future season).

I personally thought the writers shouldn't have killed off Christopher Henderson who was in Season 5. I thought he'd be a perfect villian to come back as he was Jack's value and had a back story with Jack. I really wish he was used in Season 6 instead of having Jack's dad and brother as the main bad guys (seriously read my last sentence again, what were the writer's thinking?).

26. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Amen brother amen.

27. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    totally agree! killing him served no purpose.

i think you guys are on to something in terms of sustainability. it doesnt have to be the same guy...could even be a group of guys. some consortium. one half season it can be all americans. another half season, they can hire out foreign terrorists

both of your observations are actually in line with the direction the show is going. there is no longer a ctu. the show is not following a day in the life of a government agency like it used to. its now passed that and i think its a good thing. the show can drift to being simply jack vs. some organization. it works on a personal level and the grand scheme

one thing i like going into this year is that it seems like the producers and crew are very self-critical after last year's bad season. nowhere to go but up

28. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I loved the prequel. It was well done and im excited for the new season!

29. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I recently started rewatching the past 3 seasons of 24 (4,5, and 6) to get ready for Season 7. Anyway I'm half way through Season 5 and completely dreading having to rewatch the crap that was Season 6.

I'm actually keeping myself spoiler free for the first time since Season 3. I admit I am pretty excited for the new season I'm just hoping it's not a let down.