2021 schedule set

5 replies

FinatikFinatikStaffOP
Jan 10, 2021, 10:33 AM

Tough tough schedule next year.

Home:

Buffalo Bills (AFC East)
New England Patriots (AFC East)
New York Jets (AFC East)
Houston Texans (AFC South)
Indianapolis Colts (AFC South)
Atlanta Falcons (NFC South)
Carolina Panthers (NFC South)
Baltimore Ravens (AFC North second-place team)

Away:

Buffalo Bills (AFC East)
New England Patriots (AFC East)
New York Jets (AFC East)
Jacksonville Jaguars (AFC South)
Tennessee Titans (AFC South)
New Orleans Saints (NFC South)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NFC South)
Las Vegas Raiders (AFC West second-place team)

unless a 17th game is added.

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

GalantGalantForum Veteran
Jan 11, 2021, 08:22 AM

Definitely looks like a challenge. On the one hand I like that. I have no interest in the Dolphins continuing to be a franchise that looks for success via favours from the schedule or other teams. On the other hand, the crappy divisional system means that weaker teams can advance further than stronger teams just because of divisional and schedule strength, so a weaker schedule is a real consideration.


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Jan 11, 2021, 08:30 AM

On one hand, I'm sick of playing the Ravens as they seem to have had our number for many years. On the other, that should be a good barometer of where the team stands.

Ya that schedule, right now, looks daunting...5/8 away games against playoff teams and the other 3 games feature 2 divisional games and a west coast trip to play the Raiders again...3/8 home games against playoff teams. If we manage 10-6 or better in THAT schedule that's something...but teams change. Playoff teams fall off, scrub teams get better. We won't know how tough it is until week 17, 2021.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Jan 11, 2021, 09:31 AM

I like that we get to play Tannehill and Brady again, but there are some tough games there as well. At a glance, I see a 12-4 season with a solid QB at the helm and a few shiny new toys on offense.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Jan 13, 2021, 01:15 PM

On paper that's a tough schedule. Tough like if the season started tomorrow I could see us going 8-8 or worse.

Thankfully the season doesnt start tomorrow and teams that should be tough flop, have injuries and so forth.

Either way I'm not feeling confident about next year currently.

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Jan 13, 2021, 08:59 PM

"Galant wrote:

Definitely looks like a challenge. On the one hand I like that. I have no interest in the Dolphins continuing to be a franchise that looks for success via favours from the schedule or other teams. On the other hand, the crappy divisional system means that weaker teams can advance further than stronger teams just because of divisional and schedule strength, so a weaker schedule is a real consideration.

I'd rather have it easy. Do you think Belichick wished that we or the Bills or the Jests were a consistent force during Brady's peak, or was he glad he was in a dumpster fire of a division that gave him easy schedules year after year.

I do agree we need to take our success into our hands, though, absolutely. But I have no qualms with doing so by beating bottom-feeders. :chuckle: