2020 ARMCHAIRS Dynasty FF League
779 replies
"Boik14 wrote:
You wouldn’t trade a player for the same price you paid for them either. We’ve had those types of discussions as I have with Brandon as well. Everyone values players differently.
Of course I wouldn’t. No one would. Hence me making the joke.
Gisele’s Dong cuts:
QB Andy Dalton
QB Jeff Driskell
RB Bo Scarbrough
WR KeeSean Johnson
"ToddPhin wrote:
Gisele’s Dong cuts:
QB Andy Dalton
QB Jeff Driskell
RB Bo Scarbrough
WR KeeSean Johnson
Poor Andy. Can't even make it on Gisele's Dong.
@110 back on the clock I believe
@241 is on the clock
Taking offers for the next half hour while I walk the dog....
"Boik14 wrote:
Taking offers for the next half hour while I walk the dog....
U walk your dog for half an hour? Is that code for jerk the chicken?
"ToddPhin wrote:
U walk your dog for half an hour? Is that code for jerk the chicken?
That’s code for I fed him chicken and I knew there’d be serious cleanup :crapstrom:
Just as a point of discussion to the league:
We are still very unsure as to whether or not NCAA football will happen, or if NFL football is really going to happen.
Could we/ Should we???
a) Expand the rosters this year, COVID could become an "injury" if there is a season
b) Create a "Practice squad" of 3-5 players in case there is no draft next year?
c) Allow unlimited FA acquisition thru 2020?
d) Just quit now and give the Blunts the trophy?
Any other ideas to discuss?
"Puka-head wrote:
Just as a point of discussion to the league:
We are still very unsure as to whether or not NCAA football will happen, or if NFL football is really going to happen.
Could we/ Should we???
a) Expand the rosters this year, COVID could become an "injury" if there is a season
b) Create a "Practice squad" of 3-5 players in case there is no draft next year?
c) Allow unlimited FA acquisition thru 2020?
d) Just quit now and give the Blunts the trophy?Any other ideas to discuss?
COVID could definitely stand to cause some challenges. Hopefully the ir spot suffices but if not it’s gonna be an interesting year.
but yeah, if you want to claim the trophy, as defending champ I’m good with that if I can get last place!
"Puka-head wrote:
Just as a point of discussion to the league:
We are still very unsure as to whether or not NCAA football will happen, or if NFL football is really going to happen.
Could we/ Should we???
a) Expand the rosters this year, COVID could become an "injury" if there is a season
b) Create a "Practice squad" of 3-5 players in case there is no draft next year?
c) Allow unlimited FA acquisition thru 2020?
d) Just quit now and give the Blunts the trophy?Any other ideas to discuss?
A, B or more IR Spots.
"B4him13 wrote:
COVID could definitely stand to cause some challenges. Hopefully the ir spot suffices but if not it’s gonna be an interesting year.
but yeah, if you want to claim the trophy, as defending champ I’m good with that if I can get last place!
No.
"B4him13 wrote:
COVID could definitely stand to cause some challenges. Hopefully the ir spot suffices but if not it’s gonna be an interesting year.
but yeah, if you want to claim the trophy, as defending champ I’m good with that if I can get last place!
Could we have a couple slots for PUP maybe and expand to 30?
If the season actually happens, which I increasingly think will not be the case, then my vote would be for more IR spots. If we were to simply add 3-5 roster spots to every team, the temptation would clearly be there to fill those spots with developmental guys, instead of healthy mediocre players who are more likely to get immediate playing time.
Also, should the season be played, we'll have to keep an eye on whether Yahoo allows us to put players on IR who opt out and choose not to play. I think that its inevitable that there will be some, and if that guy is on our roster, we shouldn't be forced to lose him to make roster room. If Yahoo doesn't allow IR, we should set the player aside like a future draft pick, to be added back onto the roster in 2021.
Well looks like we may be done for the night. @1218 is on the clock And I’m on deck.
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
If the season actually happens, which I increasingly think will not be the case, then my vote would be for more IR spots. If we were to simply add 3-5 roster spots to every team,the temptation would clearly be there to fill those spots with developmental guys, instead of healthy mediocre players who are more likely to get immediate playing time.
Also, should the season be played, we'll have to keep an eye on whether Yahoo allows us to put players on IR who opt out and choose not to play. I think that its inevitable that there will be some, and if that guy is on our roster, we shouldn't be forced to lose him to make roster room. If Yahoo doesn't allow IR, we should set the player aside like a future draft pick, to be added back onto the roster in 2021.
Bolded is kinda my point. If season is curtailed at all we won't be able to evaluate this years draft class, or last years for that matter, and if there is no NCAA football this year there is no point to a 2021 draft...
So expanded rosters protects current investments. Extra IR slots work, as long as those players can be reactivated quickly as opposed to out for the season due to COVID.
If there is no season do we freeze the standings for the next draft at 2020 order?
Flipping COVID :wacko: is making me lolo.
"Puka-head wrote:
Bolded is kinda my point. If season is curtailed at all we won't be able to evaluate this years draft class, or last years for that matter, and if there is no NCAA football this year there is no point to a 2021 draft...
So expanded rosters protects current investments. Extra IR slots work, as long as those players can be reactivated quickly as opposed to out for the season due to COVID.
If there is no season do we freeze the standings for the next draft at 2020 order?
Flipping COVID :wacko: is making me lolo.
Well, we'll have to agree to disagree. I strongly feel that there will be a real NFL draft next Spring, even if there is no football at any level this Autumn. There are plenty of players who could have come into the last draft who went back to school, and/or players who could have been drafted but hadn't been out of HS yet. I mean, there are already media and fans who have made mock seven round 2021 drafts. The teams know who the players are, they just want to evaluate them more. But they can have the scouts go over all of the 2018 and 2019 tape with a fine tooth comb and be ready. The difference is that there won't be any break out guys from this coming season, and so the draft will be more shallow than some years.
There will be a season of some sort and a draft. Players sitting out is a concern, as well as college kids returning to school that may have come out(ie a Justin Fields deciding to get his degree and play another year because he didn’t lose eligibility and still has leverage to return). I’m ok with expanding rosters a spot or 2 or having a practice squad type setup but not sure yahoo does practice squads so that doesn’t really help this years player absences. If we open up another spot it would have to be up to the manager on how to use it.
Day 4 has begun..... @110 is on the clock with the last pick of the 3rd Round.
Well, I was wondering if Herbert might fall to me in the third round to continue my collection. Wasn't meant to be.
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
Well, I was wondering if Herbert might fall to me in the third round to continue my collection. Wasn't meant to be.
Sounds like I made a good choice to not hope he'd fall too much farther lol.