1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Draft Question

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Surfs Up 99, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    I am hearing there is some pretty deep position groups this year. If a QB isn't there, is this the draft to trade back and stockpile picks? We sure could use the help.

2. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    I heard that's going to be very deep at DL. I think it's generally a good idea to trade back unless you are targeting a specific player.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  3. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Just a Guy Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    IMO, it does definately look like an off year for QB. It could even be there there are five from last season better than the best one in 2019, much like was the case from 2012 to 2013. Its a bad year to be looking for a QB.

In the end, the combination of who is all available when we're on the clock and what offers we receive will determine whether we pounce on the best available defender or move down.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  4. cna

cna New Member

Nov 26, 2018
    Yeah, and no high pick is a sure thing. Last year four QBs went in the first ten picks, and three have played poorly so far. Trading up would be a gamble.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    A trade back happens because you think you can find equal value later on..with the added bonus of adding some extra picks, it can be a win win if your really good at evaluating personnel.

We gotta see who’s entering first.. if Haskins and Murray enter the narrative might chance.

Personally I haven’t looked at any, so I’ll get there soon 99

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  6. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin TX
    Have to wonder how much the coaching change at OSU will affect Haskins' decision. Murray seems pretty committed to baseball, and has a signed contract with the A's, but a good game against Bama cementing him as a high first rounder could change things. On the other hand, if Bama dominates and knocks him around a bunch, I can see him not wanting more in the NFL and following his commitment to MLB.