1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Draft--3 Player Watch list

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Redwine4all, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Redwine4all

Redwine4all Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Of course its way too early to be even seriously thinking about 2018, but---Three players that I am going to be paying particular attention to:

OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
    DT Christian Wilkins, Clemson
    LB Cameron Smith, LB USC

Since we don't know what's going to happen to the Fins in 2017, I always default to OL and DL. Also, i think we could use LB talent...

Anyone have eyes on anyone else in particular?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    Unlucky 13 likes this.
  2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    As you say, its early, but based on our strengths, weaknesses, and the player's contract situations, I've got my eyes on these guys:

FS Derwin James, FSU. If healthy, he's enormously talented, and would be an awesome addition alongside Rashad Jones at the back end of our secondary.

DE Andrew Brown, UVA. While we drafted Harris in the first round this year, Wake won't be around forever. I live in the Charlottesville area, so keeping tabs on how Brown is playing is very easy for me.

OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame. Probably the best player at what it likely still our biggest weakness. Apparently, he may have been a first rounder this year had he declared.

OC Mason Cole, Michigan. If this is Pouncey's final season with the team, we'll need a replacement. Cole has played both OT and OC, and is projected as a second or third round pick.

DT Christian Wilkins, Clemson. If Phillips doesn't break out this year, we'll need to find another player to start alongside Suh on the interior DL.

Redwine4all likes this.
  3. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    You're probably gonna miss a lot of Dolphins games if you pay close attention to Adams this year. :shifty:

Redwine4all likes this.
  4. Redwine4all

Feb 4, 2016
    Thanks...I had worked on this a while back, but hadnt updated it. ooops! I also like the LB out of USC.

5. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Did you mean Dontavius Russell?

Same school, same position, and same -avius as Montravious Adams.

Redwine4all likes this.
  6. Redwine4all

Feb 4, 2016
    thanks invid...I keep a page that I write-down some of the best players from different schools that I figure I will get the opportunity to watch! Since I don't have the original source material, that was probably at! I'm a Nimrod sometimes :)

7. Csonka Marino

Csonka Marino Season Ticket Holder

Mar 22, 2013
    Florida
    Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming. There is no doubt that he has superb physical talent to be a starting quarterback in the NFL.

Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State. Rudolph has nice size with an arm to deliver the ball downfield. He throws nice touch passes and locates passes well.

Malik Jefferson, ILB/OLB, Texas. The junior has a nice combination of size and speed. He has a ton of upside, and it wouldn't be surprising if he is in store for some massive seasons for Texas.

We will be in a position to draft Rudolph and Jefferson. If we lose to every playoff team we play this year. We can draft Allen. Have a nice day.

Source: http://walterfootball.com/draft2008P.php#2018positions

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  8. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Jefferson has had issues putting it all together. The talent is there, the heart is there, but the production has not been so far. Will see if a year of Tom Herman can fix him. The Charlie Strong era featured massive regression in so many talented players.