1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 Day Two Targets

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by keithjackson, May 1, 2015.

1. keithjackson

keithjackson Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Going into Day Two, here's what we are looking at:

1-2. Elite Prospects Jalen Collins and Owamagbe Odighughuza
    Both were legitimate targets of mine at 14. Collins is the number one DB on my board, with the drafts combo of size, speed, athleticism, and tackling ability. His marijuana concerns have pushed him into the second round, so his biggest flaw might be being born ten years too early. Owa Odi is a monster on the edge, perhaps with the best nonstop motor at his position. An excellent pass rusher and stout against the run, he's Olivier Vernon on steroids.

3-5. Middle Linebackers Eric Kendricks, Paul Dawson and Benardrick McKinney
    Arguably the three best players at their position, I go back and forth on who is the best. McKinney's size and effectiveness looks like a perfect fit in Miami. Eric Kendricks has elite instincts and football IQ. Paul Dawson has a nose for the ball that made him the best linebacker on the field in football last year. One of them should be there in another surrendipitous match between BPA and biggest need for the Dolphins.

6-8. Defensive Backs Landon Collins, PJ Williams, and Eric Rowe
    If the MLBs are gone, there should be a first-round quality DB available. PJ Williams is much better than people give him credit for, perhaps the best tackling CB in the draft. Eric Rowe offers the versatility if being a quality CB and FS, two birds one stone style. Landon Collins is inexplicably falling, but he could instantly give us the best Safety duo we've had in a long time.

9-12. Defensive Tackle Michael Bennett, Carl Davis, Jordan Phillips, and Xavier Cooper
    If the aforementioned are gine, then it probably means one of the tier two DTs has fallen to us. All are going to be successful in the NFL, it just depends what the coach will ask them what to do. Choosing a DT in the second would solidify the AFC East as the division with the leagues best DLines.

13-15. Under the Radar Pass Rush Za'Darius Smith, Lorenzo Mauldin, and Randy Gregory.
    I've talked about these guys a bit, but I'd be satisfied in the second if there's no better option.

16-18. Offensive Line Jake Fisher, TJ Clemmings, and AJ Cann
    Oline isn't such a huge priority for me in the second, but the value is there if we end up going in that direction.

19-22.Defensive Starters Marcus Golden, Preston Smith, Danielle Hunter, and Nate Orchard
    All can be counted on to contribute, and a few will expload into stars. (My money is on Marcus Golden.)

This is about where the second round value ends for me. If we somehow trade into the third, or are scraping the barrel in the second, here are a few targets.

23-27.Third Round Defense Taiwan Jones, Cody Prewitt, Anthony Harris, Steven Nelson, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
    All have pretty high floors and high ceilings.

28-32. Offensive Weapons DGB, Jaelen Strong, Tyler Lockett, Clive Walford, and Maxx Williams
    While we don't need them, it would be hard to ignore the value of any of these if theg are the BPA.