1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 buyers market for offenisve lineman, 2014 ? no

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mommabilly, Mar 6, 2013.

1. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Besides the draft having a lot of really good offensive lineman this year has anyone seen the list of FA offensive lineman for 2013 vs whats available for 2014 ?

First link is the ones available now, http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=OL&y=2013as you can see, take your pick.

Now, this list is the ones that are going to be available for 2014. There will surely be some added but I cannot remember the last time I saw this small amount of free agent offensive lineman. Jakes luck was really bad. If he had made it to 2014 he just may get that 11 million dollar pay day he was looking for but seriously doubt he is going to get it this year, just too many out there to choose from.
    http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=OL&y=2014

People can say this or that but its all about supply and demand in the NFL that drives the contract prices and there is a HUGE supply of offensive lineman this year but not next.

MrClean likes this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Oh no, we have to draft a OT at #12, he's the best prospect evaahhh!

My goodness, Veldeheer, Vollmer etc, we should not touch a OT in the first 3 rds imo

3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Martin will be the LT in 2013 if Long does not resign. Bank it. Just hope we sign Winston. Then both tackles are set and we can go for Tavon Austin in the 1st. :yes:

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Would be fine with me.

Just thinking Ireland sees draft picks as cheaper players to fill holes, not what their potential impact actually is.

5. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    *cough*Loadholt*cough :)

6. MrClean

The Vikings run a man blocking scheme. The Dolphins run a zone blocking scheme. Winston was excellent in the Texans zone blocking scheme prior to 2012. The Chiefs last season were running a man blocking scheme I believe, under Daboll, and still Winston was effective. I'm not sure Loadholt is as suitable for a zone scheme.

7. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    I'm willing to try. Guys the best run blocking tackle on the market. I've love to see Miller running behind him.

Edit: Seems he played in zone in college for Oklahoma?

MrClean likes this.
  8. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    You been around Padre, ever see a shopping list like this one ? I haven't. There are always a few good ones but this year is unreal. They need to settle it this year because next year its going to be very very slim pickings. No different then a car lot thats overstocked. :)

9. MrClean

Sounds good then. Also, Long played in a zone scheme at Michigan, yet had trouble with it last year after 4 years away. It may take Loadholt a little time to get back up to par at zone after 4 years in a man scheme.

In 2011, when Loadholt was also the best run blocking tackle, Winston was 3rd best in the league in Texans' zone scheme, and supplied far better pass blocking to go with it.

gafinfan likes this.