1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Draft Prospect???

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The_Dark_Knight, Aug 7, 2011.

1. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I know it's terrible to be even thinking about NEXT year's draft when this season...not even the preseason has begun, but I was wanting to be the first.

First off, everyone knows that I have been sticking by Chad Henne left and right...defending him as I felt his woes were the fault of Dan Henning not setting him up for success rather than his abilities. I wish Chad the very best of luck this year and I hope to God he rises to the top this year and makes me eat this post and this thread like I'm sure he can.

With that being said, I was sitting here a little bored and started looking at some college football for this year, then became curious about the top college football prospects for next year's draft and guys, I think I found our man...

Oklahoma's Landry Jones!! http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1630853

He's a BIG kid at 6'4", 220lbs and has stepped out of Sam Bradford's shadow.

Putting up some pretty impressive numbers

I was at that game at the 2009 Sun Bowl. He lit Stanford up!! If you ever find the picture, there's a group of us wearing t-shirts spelling out OKLAHOMA. I'm the idiot that's the second "O". I saw idiot because we were freezing our asses off!!

This kid knows nothing BUT success going all the way back to high school in Artesia.

The one thing I know is we need a franchise quarterback and while Chad Henne has my utmost support and confidence, if the naysayers here on the boards are right about Henne and I'm wrong, then we need to do all we can to get this kid.

dolfan32323 likes this.
  2. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    There's definitely QB talent to be had in next year's draft. There's a good chance that somebody talented will fall even if we are mediocre again.

[​IMG]

Toughened your nipples, didn't it!?!

3. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    quite a few nice QB prospects next year... hopefully we don't draft another OL instead

4. Layfield

Layfield New Member

Dec 4, 2007
    I know. Itd be a shame if we passed up another DL.

5. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Definitely need a RT tackle!

6. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    I dunno pends where the qbs fall in the draft I think we end up picking like 5th if barkley and luck are gone I draft blackmon and maybe try to trade to like 17 for jones/weeden or see if one of them falls to the 2nd round.