1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 thePHINS.com Contests Now Open!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GoPhins!, Aug 27, 2010.

1. GoPhins!

GoPhins! Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    Welcome to the 2010 thePHINS.com regular season contests.

We will have three different contest this season.

1 - thePHINS.com Pick'em contest. A regular season contest where you pick the winners of every game every week. The top three winners will receive prizes. The first place winner will receive a 12 month Club membership/extension here at thePHINS.com, the second place winner will receive a 6 month Club membership/extension here at thePHINS.com and the third place winner will receive a 3 month Club membership/extension here at thePHINS.com.

2 - thePHINS.com Survivor contest. A season long contest where you pick only one team to win each week and cannot pick the same team twice. The winner will receive a 12 month Club membership/extension here at thePHINS.com.

3 - Weekly forum prediction contest posted in the forums every week during the regular season. Each week there will be a Offensive, Defensive, and Special Teams prediction question, each with their own tie breaker. And for each question the person that gets closest of the actual answer will win a 1 month Club membership/extension.

Good Luck to Everyone!

******** NEW BETA FEATURE

They have added a new beta feature to choose a default pick in case you do not make you picks on time. This will not be active for the first week but should be active after that. And there is no guarantee that is will work and you cannot use it not working or not working correctly to get picks in late. It is your responsibility to get your picks in on time. This is just a nice little back-up feature, just in case.

You can choose your default pick method under your My Profile tab at Office Pool Junkie.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    the 23rd, Paul 13, Big Red and 11 others like this.
  2. GoPhins!

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    Don't forget to sign up for the contests. So far there are only 12 or 13 people signed up for each contest so there are great odds of winning!

3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    1 reply? :no:

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i signed up for both! Got my picks in, and for survivor i picked atlanta over pittsburgh.......games are tough week 1. no really one-sided games.

5. GoPhins!

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    There are still less than 20 people registered for the two season contest. Don't forget to sign up before the season starts.

6. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Not sure why people don't take advantage of this.

SICK likes this.
  7. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    I did, tough week to pick. Its going to be funny looking back at these first couple weeks and see how off our picks are

8. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia

Just signed up for both too. I also picked Atlanta over Pitt. :shifty:

SICK likes this.
  9. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    Is the pick'em straight up or against the spread?

10. GoPhins!

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    Straight Up!

DeDolfan likes this.
  11. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Signed up.
    Why the hell not, right?

SICK likes this.
  12. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i hope no one else signs up. better chance to win :couch:

RickyBobby likes this.
  13. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Thought the same thing. Not only is it unpredictable b/c week 1 is often a crap shoot - but all the games look very even. Potential for any team to win.

14. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    EDIT:

Just changed my pick to Chicago. Don't ask me why...I have no idea. :lol:

15. GoPhins!

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    ******** NEW BETA FEATURE

They have added a new beta feature to choose a default pick in case you do not make you picks on time. This will not be active for the first week but should be active after that. And there is no guarantee that is will work and you cannot use it not working or not working correctly to get picks in late. It is your responsibility to get your picks in on time. This is just a nice little back-up feature, just in case.

You can choose your default pick method under your My Profile tab at Office Pool Junkie.

And don't forget to sign up now! There is still time, you have only missed one game!

16. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I just wanted to see if anyone else had a issue this week. I picked both my eliminator and pickem picks earlier this week and i just went to check how i was doing and it says incomplete? Also I tried checking the website before the games started today and the site was down I'm just praying this issue isn't only on my side.

never mind I guess it updated now.

17. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    It's a shame this thread hasn't been more active this season. Maybe because it wasn't stickied?

Anyhow, I've really enjoyed playing both pools. And, while I'm stinking up the joint on the "Pick 'em" Pool, it looks like it's down to dukane5, ATLFINFAN and yours truly fighting it out for the "Survivor" pool title. Final three gents. Yes sir, the picks are definitely getting harder with each passing week so best of luck the rest of the way to both of you.

18. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Site Crashed????
    http://www.officepooljunkie.com/