2010 Guru Chat

21 replies

ConuficusConuficusLuxury BoxOP
Apr 19, 2010, 01:03 PM

Well, it is that time of year again isn't it?

The Particulars

In past years the Chat has come with a rather nominal charge to take part. This year, things are different; there is no charge of any kind to take part.

To make yourself eligible all you have to do is reply to this thread. The thread will be open until 11:59pm Tuesday, the 20th of April 2010. After that time all names will be placed into a hat for a random draw. Any name taken out will receive the relevant information to find and access the Chat Room.

We hope to include as many of as we can, but there is a limit to the total number of posters we can comfortably accommodate. Essentially, we just don't want it to become one big mass of rapidly scrawling text that we really can't respond to. That just doesn't make it fun for anyone involved.

If you do find yourself without a PM by mid day Thursday (at the latest) I hope you understand that we have tried to make this as fair as possible for everyone involved.

I'd also like to take the time to thank Muck and ThePhins for helping to make this possible every year. :up:

finyank13finyank13New Member
Apr 19, 2010, 01:07 PM

Please place my name in the hat brother...

Thanks Muck, and the other that make this possible...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

ELellenfinsNew Member
Apr 19, 2010, 01:09 PM

"Conuficus wrote:

Well, it is that time of year again isn't it?

The Particulars

In past years the Chat has come with a rather nominal charge to take part. This year, things are different; there is no charge of any kind to take part.

To make yourself eligible all you have to do is reply to this thread. The thread will be open until 11:59pm Tuesday, the 20th of April 2010. After that time all names will be placed into a hat for a random draw. Any name taken out will receive the relevant information to find and access the Chat Room.

We hope to include as many of as we can, but there is a limit to the total number of posters we can comfortably accommodate. Essentially, we just don't want it to become one big mass of rapidly scrawling text that we really can't respond to. That just doesn't make it fun for anyone involved.

If you do find yourself without a PM by mid day Thursday (at the latest) I hope you understand that we have tried to make this as fair as possible for everyone involved.

I'd also like to take the time to thank Muck and ThePhins for helping to make this possible every year. :up:

Hi. I'd like to take part in this. I'm a newbie here and would find it very interesting. Thank you.

Ellen

PHPHINANALYSTForum Veteran
Apr 19, 2010, 01:20 PM

sing me up !! THANKS !

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Apr 19, 2010, 01:21 PM

Sounds fun, but my "chat room" as usual will be a pub.

LarryfinfanLarryfinfanSupporter
Apr 19, 2010, 01:23 PM

"Conuficus wrote:

Well, it is that time of year again isn't it?

The Particulars

In past years the Chat has come with a rather nominal charge to take part. This year, things are different; there is no charge of any kind to take part.

To make yourself eligible all you have to do is reply to this thread. The thread will be open until 11:59pm Tuesday, the 20th of April 2010. After that time all names will be placed into a hat for a random draw. Any name taken out will receive the relevant information to find and access the Chat Room.

We hope to include as many of as we can, but there is a limit to the total number of posters we can comfortably accommodate. Essentially, we just don't want it to become one big mass of rapidly scrawling text that we really can't respond to. That just doesn't make it fun for anyone involved.

If you do find yourself without a PM by mid day Thursday (at the latest) I hope you understand that we have tried to make this as fair as possible for everyone involved.

I'd also like to take the time to thank Muck and ThePhins for helping to make this possible every year. :up:

Con, don't put me in the hat (I'm too slow to keep up with both the TV and computer at the same time anyway) but is there an access that can be had to just watch/read the chat, not actually participate ?? Is that possible ??

ASasciiNew Member
Apr 19, 2010, 01:45 PM

Count me in. I love watching masters at work! Thanks for this you three! :)

evzevzSupporter
Apr 19, 2010, 01:51 PM

fling my name into the hat please :)

BB OchoBB OchoNew Member
Apr 19, 2010, 01:52 PM

Put my name in the hat, a few times.

Dolphinsfan69Dolphinsfan69New Member
Apr 19, 2010, 02:02 PM

Put my name in the hat, was able to get off Thursday/Friday and won't miss Saturday because it starts so early.

OmahaOmahaNew Member
Apr 19, 2010, 02:05 PM

Please enter my name in the drawing

(I typically just read what the experts are saying and hoping)

MarcoMarcoForum Veteran
Apr 19, 2010, 02:20 PM

"Conuficus wrote:

Well, it is that time of year again isn't it?

The Particulars
To make yourself eligible all you have to do is reply to this thread.

I'll throw my name in there. :)

DansarDansarSupporter
Apr 19, 2010, 02:43 PM

Put me in the mix!

Danny

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Apr 19, 2010, 02:46 PM

I'll be pretty busy on Saturday (going to be doing a music video shoot in St. Louis) so I'd rather not take a spot when someone could be in there all three days. I'd just like to recommend everyone to try to get involved with this. It's a great way to learn a few things from some very knowledgeable posters in Con, CK, and Boom.

UCF FINaticUCF FINaticNew Member
Apr 19, 2010, 02:52 PM

Pick me!!! :P

Thank you giovafin for this awesome Sig!

PLplc001Supporter
Apr 19, 2010, 02:54 PM

Is there a way to set up a view that can show the conversation being had, or maybe an ID with no privileges except to read? I would like to see what would be going on, but I don't typically contribute, so I can't in good conscience throw my name in the hat.

KRkromixNew Member
Apr 19, 2010, 03:02 PM

In for the drawing.

CAcaweiss22New Member
Apr 19, 2010, 03:08 PM

I'm in

surferosasurferosaNew Member
Apr 19, 2010, 03:24 PM

Hey guys,

Would love to catch up. Please put me in the drawing.

many thanks,

Mike

AguaAguaForum Veteran
Apr 19, 2010, 04:09 PM

Throw me in.

2k52k5Forum Veteran
Apr 19, 2010, 04:37 PM

I'm in as well. Always like hearing you guys' thoughts.

PHPhinatic425New Member
Apr 19, 2010, 05:16 PM

Count me in!!!

It's Sunday Morning, Where the Phins at?