1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 Dolphins, the only team in the NFL to...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Paul 13, Sep 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    win both of their away games. There were two other teams that started the season with back to back road games, the Cardinals and the Ravens. The Cards started off in week one by defeating the hapless Rams but then came crashing down to Earth today by getting blowed out (thanks Emmitt) by the Falcons. The Ravens, of course, started off in week one by beating the Jets but today came back to the bunch by losing on the road against the Bungles. Flacco looked horrible turning the ball over a bunch of times.

Notoriously, teams playing the second half of a back to back road sequence lose those games, sometimes they get destroyed in the process. Now, go back and think of what we've accomplished in two weeks. The Bills win was nice and all, but it was the Bills... today's victory over the Vikings, in their dome, where they rarely lose, on the back half of a two game road stretch (with fairly long distance traveling involved) is all the more impressive. :hi5: I have to give major credit to the coaching staff for keeping this team focused, very few penalties and the tackling has been stupendous.

2. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Vikes had 11 days to prep too.

frozenfin, The Aqua Crush and Paul 13 like this.
  3. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    means nothing if we dont win the first home game. I remember reading somewhere that we're actually better on the road the last couple years.

4. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    The crowd needs to welcome this team home in college atmosphere style. Loud, amped, loud, packed house and loud. Just be loud.

frozenfin, djphinfan and Paul 13 like this.
  5. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    The next two games are big, but when I saw the schedule way back when, I didn't expect us to start the season other than 2 and 2. We have a golden opportunity to be 3 and 1, why not 4 and 0? Back to back games at home, in prime time, we've owned the Jets recently and the Pats have no idea what they are dealing with. We went 3 and 1 vs those two teams last year, with Henne having four of his better games (from a QBR standpoint). We're better this year, across the board... and I don't think the Pats and Jets can say the same.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    :yes:...

It woud be nice if the fans consciously stepped up and made a difference, and try to combat the evil construction of that stadium.

7. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    If the home fans would Howl after a sack/touchdown/interception on National TV, I would cry. :yes: