1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 Dolphins starting Defense

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by #1dolphinsfan, Jan 18, 2010.

1. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DE: Randy Starks
    NT: Ryan Pickett/ or casey Hampton
    DE: Kendall Langford

WLB: Jason Taylor/ Cam Wake
    ILB: Karlos Dansby
    ILB: Micah Johnson
    SLB: Brandon Graham

CB: Sean Smith/ Will Allen (battle for the starting job in training camp)
    SS: Yeremiah Bell
    FS: Nate Allen/Gibril Wilson (also let them battle in traning camp who ever wins is the starting FS and it would most likly be Nate Allen)
    CB: Vontae Davis

First four rounds of mock draft
    Round 1: Brandon Graham OLB
    Round 2: Nate Allen FS
    Round 3: Micha Johnson ILB
    Round 4: Jimmy Graham TE

It would be nice to build our defense around those 4 LB's and our 3 young secondary players and two young DE's we would have a very young and up coming Defense in the nfl

Thoughts?

I honstly dont think that is to much to ask for that is only 5 new starters on defense and 3 of them coming though the draft that would be a young Defense and building around those 4 LB's would be very nice Langford, starks, S. Smith, V. Davis, N. Allen, B. Graham, M. Johnson, and C. Wake are very young

2. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    It's good but I just don't see it happening with two major free agents. By the way Ferguson and Soliai in combo were as effective as Hampton this past year. I do like that you addressed each position with reasonable fits although Micah Johnson over say Crowder at the TED is not really necessary since it doesn't bring a guy with a new skill like coverage ability (I'm not sure how Johnson projects as a blitzer though that might be an upgrade there).

The pressure off the edges would be solid, the coverage not so much from those guys but you do what you can.