1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009/2010 Mets. The Jerry is gone version!

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Boik14, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Good news out of Flushing today:

Kevin Burkhardt of SNY reports that the Mets have hired Paul DePodesta as vice president of player development and amateur scouting.

The Mets have a very strong front office now, Met fans should be very excited. All that needs to happen now is for the owners to stay the hell out of the away and open up their wallets a bit (especially in terms of money being used in the draft and to sign IFA). But seriously the Wilpons staying the hell away is the key here.

The Mets being good again is good for baseball yet bad for future jokes at their expense. It's such a tough catch 22.

Boik14, Mainge and NJFINSFAN1 like this.
  2. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie

they can be good and still choke :wink2:

3. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Good point. But still I will miss making fun of Omar though.

4. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com reports that the Mets will begin interviewing external manager candidates this week, starting with Red Sox bench coach DeMarlo Hale tomorrow.

Ray,

What can you tell me about him?

5. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I've heard he's a pretty good/smart baseball guy. He seems to be really well liked by the FO, other coaches and players. I believe he worked a lot with the OFers. He was the 3rd base coach the past few years (and was actually a very good one) until he became the bench coach last year when Brad Mills left for Houston. Not sure how he'd be as a manager but I know he finished 2nd for the Toronto job this year. The Mets could do a lot worse than hiring him. I know he's good fans with Richardi.

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  6. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
  7. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    Can we interest you in Tim Bogar instead? :lol:

8. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    LOL...in the link above, one of the posts said if they do pick Hale, sox fans want Hale to drag Bogar with him.:lol:

9. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    http://7traintoshea.com/?p=3026

Don't know if this is true, but interesting.

I would still rather trade Beltran.

10. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    No. Didnt like him as a player, would like him even less as a coach. :tongue2:

Ugh no. Not unless we get a mega-haul for Jose. And by mega-haul, I mean something like Jon Lester or the equivalent at pitcher. That short list does not include someone like a Carlos Zambrano or a AJ Burnett with their silly bloated deals. :no:

I think at this point Id rather hold Beltran unless we get some good pitching for him. I think I might try and trade Pagan simply because I think if Beltran has a good year he will be resigned. Pagan doesnt want to play RF and Beltran doesnt want to either. But Beltrans the one with all the accolades on his resume even if he is coming off a serious injury. If we can get a Matt Garza I might consider it. Otherwise? No thanks. Revisit it at the ASB at that point when hopefully his value has gone up. :wink2: