1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12 UDFA signed

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, May 6, 2016.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    The Dolphins on Friday announced the signings of 12 undrafted rookie free agents.
    The 12 are linebackers Akil Blount, Tyler Gray and James Burgess; kicker Marshall Koehn; offensive lineman Ruben Carter; long snapper Ryan DiSalvo; wide receivers Rashawn Scott and Brandon Shippen; cornerback Lafayette Pitts; tight end Gabe Hughes; safety A.J. Hendy and defensive end Farrington Huguenin.

Blount is the son of Steelers Hall of Famer Mel Blount. Akil Blount was a three-year starter at Florida A&M.

The 6-foot-1 Scott played college football at Miami (Fla.) and had a big senior season, recording 52 receptions for 695 yards and five touchdowns. He was invited to the NFL Scouting Combine in February but probably went undrafted due to injury and character concerns stemming from his up-and-down college career.

Gray reportedly chose the Dolphins over contract offers from four other teams.

Sceeto, the 23rd and Rex Deus like this.
  2. isaacjunk

isaacjunk Member

May 17, 2013
    Tyler Gray was listed as PFF's 24th best UDFA, and 160th best player in the draft FWIW

SICK likes this.
  3. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    I'm sure some one soon will be on here saying why did we sign him. LoL

4. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    These boards are not exempt from Newton's Third Law!

smahtaz likes this.
  5. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

LOL. It's pretty much what drives them.

6. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Interesting that they only signed one offensive lineman as a UDFA. Either the staff expect quite a bit form Turner and Douglas, or this guy is pretty good.

7. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    We already had close to our allotment of OL. I think they literally only had that one spot left.

8. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    The team wouldn't be looking for answers for the Oline in UDFAs, Turner and Douglas are more than likely much better than any UDFAs they will bring in, nor are they the only guys on the team, there are 15 or 16 Oline on the team right now, we now have 4 good olinemen, I'm sure they will be able to scrounge up one decent OG from the other 11 or 12 guys there.

There's always other guys that may be available later, but I'm pretty confident that there will be at the very least a decent Oline out there this year.

9. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    Dolphins already had 14 OL on the roster I believe. It is interesting they looked at him for essentially the one spot they were going to fill. He transferred from Florida State to Toledo. Any of you Seminole fans know anything about him (Carter)?

10. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    I look forward to the year where we draft a good LB in rounds 1 or 2 rather than another year of bringing in 3 or 4 UDFAs

11. pdaj

pdaj Well-Known Member

Can't solve every problem in the draft, which is the primary reason Miami chose to trade down in the 1st for Alonso and Maxwell. Our Fins had FAR too many holes to fill entering this year's off-season. I expect defense to be the focus next year, particularly LB/DL.