1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

115 yards......

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Oct 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Not sure if this has ever happened....

Henne had 115 yards passing and Ronnie Brown had 115 yards rushing. YIKES and AWESOME all at the same time.

Good thing about Henne...he didn't put us in many positions to give the game to Buffalo. 6 sacks is way to many...but they were better than throwing ill advised passes.

Basically, 2009 will be Chad managing the game and not forcing the issue. Sounds pretty much like Pennington. Only difference is that this Chad will take a chance down field every now and then.

dolfan7171 and RAS25 like this.
  2. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    "Ronnies not a top ten back. hes not worth the money. blah blah blahhh"

PAY THE MAN!

(this is not directed to this thread. Just pointing out my annoyance at Ronnies lack of contract after this season...)

dolfan7171, SeanP, Fin D and 6 others like this.
  3. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    the season isnt over but I agree, show him the money.

4. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Pennington was a hell of lot more productive than 115 yards plus six sacks. Eighty-six net yards from your passing game is horrific. But this was Henne's first game, I am sure he will get better.

Dolfan984 likes this.
  5. finz810

finz810 Season Ticket Holder

its not im sure he will....its he WILL get better its his first NFL start, time with the first team, O line gets used to how he moves in the pocket the passing game will come. I dont know about everyone us but I love us as a power running team. 250 yards total rushing I'll take that every sunday!

dolfan7171 and Larryfinfan like this.
  6. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Where would we be without the Wildcat?

I don't think this FO wants to find out. I have a feeling Ronnie will be extended.

djphinfan likes this.
  7. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Regardless of his meager yardage, for the first time in awhile.......we saw the field stretch a little today.

He may not have been successful, but at least Henne was threatening to go deep. And the velocity on those passes to the flat, how sweet was that to see?

Seems to have a good connection with Hartline, I'd try and get him more snaps in the WR rotation and see what happens.

With this monster of a running game, not having anyone capable of stepping up as a playmaker/scoring threat at WR and TE is just hard to bare. We need a lot more out of both of those units. More big plays and points. Having enough offense to turn this season around is gonna demand it.

Henne's more than willing to try and push the ball up field......I think with him on the field our offense appeared to be taking a step in the right direction.

8. finz810

I think we need to find him a tall big reciever, no more waiting on Ginn the time IS NOW

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    i would be up for a trade for one of those bad boys...it looks like brandon marshall is all lovey dubby with his coach now, i know some have expressed interest in him..he would be the prototype

I wonder who the lists of free agent wide receivers will be this offseason.

I have to admit, ive been thinking about crabtree in a dolphin uni a little bit...

Anyone know the details, can we make a pass at the kid after a certain point or not?

dolfan7171 and jetssuck like this.
  10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I think the plan for Henne was for us to power rush the ball and not put the pressure on him to be Dan Marino yet. Henne's stat line, again lies. He had a decent game, not horrific. The timing for him isn't down, that'll take a few more games at real speed. The bottom line was that Sparano and co. took the pressure off of Henne, this being his first true start in the NFL, and the OL opened up the holes for Ronnie and Ricky and we didn't need him to pass for 300 yrds to win...I'll take this kind of win every Sunday, if you don't mind....

dolfan7171 likes this.
  11. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    I don't think anyone expects him to be Dan Marino, ever. Right now he's well short of Chad Pennington. I'd like to see him use that arm and throw the ball down the field. There was no need to do that yesterday, but not every opponent is as bad as the Bills.

12. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    lol...you sound as desperate as I am to get Henne a play maker

Can you imagine this offense with physical play makers at WR and TE?

We'd be scary good...

djphinfan likes this.
  13. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    He did throw down field...our WR's were covered like a blanket. He also took a couple sacks looking down field...... because our WR's were covered like a blanket.

Even so....just showing that he'll take those shots was huge for us, a step in the right direction.

14. Tiki

Tiki New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Los Angeles
    This is exactly how the Steelers developed Ben.

Not asking him to do too much, other then manage the game, throw a few high % passes, not turn it over and let the run offense carry the team. If we can continue to run as we have over the 1st month of the season, Henne will slowly get seasoned and grow into a very good QB. Who knows maybe a GREAT one.

15. finz810

I dont really get why our recievers couldnt get open or find holes I mean buffalo had 3 starting DBs out. this proves how badly we need recievers or atleast 1 playmaker so he gets the tight double coverage and it can open up gaps for others.

jetssuck likes this.