1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 Questions Going into Training Camp

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    Good read!!

2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Thanks Anthony, enjoyed that.

3. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Not a bad article, but I think the writer is in love with Parcells too much.
    Just some of it...

"Most agree that Ricky is the more talented runner, and has already impressed Parcells and his lieutenants with his renewed dedication to game. Both players fit the power ball style that Parcells favors"

"because it only matters what Parcells thinks."

" In the end, some players are just better gamers and it could be that Allen fits this profile. If anyone can see clearly on this one, it is Parcells."

"Whether or not they can return to their dominant ways remains to be seen, though a Bill Parcells’ team always prides itself on good defense."

At some point someone needs to be reminded that Sparano is the coach, NOT Parcells. Sparano may like the power running game also, we'll see. Maybe he doesn't like it as much or he will go the way of Shula and use the talent he has, whatever direction it goes. But at some point, I'm sure he will want to become his own man like Belichick has done. Parcells is not the GM also. At which point does our GM get a say. If he's just hear collecting a check and using the title, I say we get rid of him. I think at some point He will want to have his voice heard also. Maybe it's he and Sparano that want Taylor to stay. We don't know.

I'm not naive enough to think these guys would not ask his opinion on matters, nor do I think they are not very gratefull to Parcells for the opportunity for thier positions, but I think they probably are ready to do it without his approval.

I do know that I am personally tired of hearing about Parcells all the time. I think I have to et used to it for this year and next. After that I think he's gone.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    good read

5. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Good read, every point was a good one...

6. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I like the optimism, hopefully the team fulfills that optimism on the field.

7. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I am sure that Sparano and Ireland do whatever they feel necessary without asking for Parcells' approval. Had Parcells had a desire to be HC or GM, he would have done so.

Whats important to remember is that these guys were handpicked by Parcells, presumably because their vision matched his.

8. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    Good read.

9. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    "3) Who will start at running back?

Ronnie Brown is the former second overall pick, on the verge of a Pro Bowl season before injuring his knee trying to make a tackle on an interception return versus the Patriots. Ricky Williams is the eccentric, oft stoned, oft suspended, former Heisman trophy winner who holds the team’s single season rushing record (1,853 yards in 2002). Ronnie is almost fully recovered, but probably won’t be all the way back by the time training camp starts. Most agree that Ricky is the more talented runner, and has already impressed Parcells and his lieutenants with his renewed dedication to game. Both players fit the power ball style that Parcells favors, though Ronnie is the better receiver. Will Brown be healthy enough to earn the job outright? If not, does the new regime trust Ricky enough to start him?"

Id really hope its Ricky. Ronnies injury is not a quick offseason fix. Let him dip his toes back in the pool and get in at whatever pace he can go. If hes feeling good and playing well up his carries. But to make him the starter coming off an injury that people typically dont recover from until sometimes up to two years away is asking for trouble I think. Dont rush him back.

A really good article I thought, he brought up lots of good points and what needs to happen for the dolphins to have a good season and set themselves up well again for next year.

Biggest key is we HAVE to find our starting QB, or decide we dont have one. Hopefully not the latter.

10. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    nice find, nice read. thanks for the share. Hard to disagree with alot in there...