1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 suggestion

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Questions' started by RedPitSea, Mar 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. RedPitSea

RedPitSea Season Ticket Holder

Dec 18, 2007
    Albuquerque
    I like how you have the option in the "thanks" button to display the time the "Thanks" was issued. I think it works better if you just display who thanked the post rather than the thanks AND the time stamp. What im saying is I think its better if you just display the users name instead of the users name and date stamp. I think it adds less clutter to the page. Just a personal preference and something I use on my site. Loving the was the sites going up!

PhinsRock and Celtkin like this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I love the "thanks" option.....its your way to simply let the person know you appreciate the input they give....without needing to reply

3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

The Thanks option is a favorite of mine, I like telling posters when they write a helpful post or thread. Also I really think (I'm an eternal optimist) that maybe it helps create a friendlier environment. People like being thanked, I don't care how cold or calloused they are, they like being thanked. So I really think it helps create a nicer posting environment. Really don't care about the time stamp one way or another though.

baboo72, NJFINSFAN1, Celtkin and 5 others like this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think he was talking about when it says the members named that thanked them and then when it says when they thanked them. Sorry if that was confusing. The timing of the thanks doesn't seem to bother me.

RedPitSea likes this.
  5. RedPitSea

Dec 18, 2007
    Albuquerque
    Yep, I was talking about the date stamp next to the users name. Theres a option to just display the poster who issued the "thanks"without the time in witch it was given. Just a personal preference that I use on my site. I love the thanks button actually! Celtkins the one who installed it on my site so im a big fan of it. I tend to make things a little more confusing than thy have to be sometimes! :wink2::escape:

6. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Changed. Thanks for the suggestion bro

RedPitSea likes this.
  7. RedPitSea

Dec 18, 2007
    Albuquerque
    :thumbup: Nice! Hey, whenever your free( maybe a year?) shoot me a PM. I like how the mods and admins are bolded opposed to just a regular member. Cool feature!
    Sites looking nice BTW!

8. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    No problem. Just go the Admin control panel => User groups =>Username HTML Markup

RedPitSea likes this.
  9. RedPitSea

Dec 18, 2007
    Albuquerque
    Beautiful! Thank you sir!

Celtkin likes this.
  10. screamer

screamer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    United States
    PhinsRock, i'm not making fun of your post, but... as I was reading it, the word thanked...I somehow inserted spanked! LMAO! Time to rest the eyes! Punch drunk I guess. LOL!