1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'08 '09, Mirror Image?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RBrown23, Oct 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RBrown23

RBrown23 Thanks GISH

Jan 21, 2009
    Maryland
    Last season, we were questioning so many different aspects of the team after a tough game vs the Ravens. The Ravens were one of the elite teams of last season and we got dominated. The loss put us at 2-4, hmmm. This sounds familiar now doesn’t it? A 2-4 team with such uncertainty of what was to come. A schedule that featured the majority of games on the road, ending up in New York. 2-4 and a loss to one of the elite teams of the league. Didn’t that just happen yesterday? Yes it did, but so many things are different this time around.
    The Ravens were no Saints, they did not have the offense that this Saints team has. But more importantly, this team is much better than last years team. The running game is much better. The offensive line isn’t cursed with injuries. The Wildcat is still running wild and we are still awaiting to see the "WildPat" version. The Qb, is young, but shows great poise and ability to get the ball down the field. The defense has new veteran leadership and young talent stepping up making plays.
    Yes this post is something positive I wanted to put out there to relieve the stress of so many fin fans. Why cant Miami do it again? Yes I think I am crazy too, but they did it last year and no one would have thought we could have done it. Our team is much better than last years team. Like I said, Ronnie and Ricky are running hot right now. Our defense can apply the pressure and create turnovers. We have a QB in Henne, that can stretch the field. This team is a team that should be 4-2, beating the best of the best, Saints and Colts. We are 2-4 and we are still in things despite what you may want to think. The hole is deep, but we are not done yet.

Thoughts?

2. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    A couple of things different from last year:

1. We didn't turn the ball over
    2. Our defense was much better

Also, we were pretty lucky with injuries last year. Thomas and Smiley were out, but the backups held their own.

I'm not sure this team, without David Martin, Will Allen, and Patrick Cobbs, can do what it did last year. I'd love to be proved wrong though.

3. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Will Allen will hurt the most.
    And not sure what you mean backups held their own, we had zero interrior running game.
    Now it is the opposite.
    Even though injuries are more obvious this year, i wouldnt blame it on them, its not too bad.

4. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    But we still won games. It wasn't as though every time Penny dropped back he was getting sacked. Of course when two starters go down there's going to be a drop-off, but they did ok.

5. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    You forgot to also mention our schedule was soft last year. This year we still have....Pats twice, Steelers, Texans (who weve never beaten), Jets again, Bills put 20 pts on the board yesterday, Titans who might get one against us, its no joke!

6. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    We win the next two games and we're right back in the hunt for the division title...

Jeffrey likes this.
  7. steeda

steeda Active Member

Nov 29, 2007
    The Texans is one game I would LOVE to have. They stole those last two from us. First the 57 yarder in 07 to win it at the buzzer, and the 4th down play with the qb draw (i think).

Is it me, or is Schaub leading the league in passing TD's? Never saw that coming, I should have picked him in my FF league.

8. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Well, besides the Pats and Steelers, we should win all of those other games you mentioned.

The Titans, Panthers, Bucs, Texans and Bills are all teams we should beat. I realize we could lose any one of these games, and the Texans arent a pushover, but it would be an upset to fall in any of those games.

Not to mention we get the Texans, Steelers, and one of the Pats games at home.

9. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    If we beat the Jets and then Patriots....I will be happy.

10. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    That's a tall order.
    After what I saw yesterday, maybe an impossible one.
    But man, how sweet would that be. 4-4 overall, 4-0 in the division.

Jeffrey likes this.