1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

0-16, the official over reacting thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by anlgp, Sep 21, 2009.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

post in here, cuz i know i feel like it.

on "pissed off watch" until further notice :angry:

2. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    top 5 draft pick so maybe we can get our QB of the future

3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Im gonna say we draft in the 8-12 range. Maybe a 8-8 season, but we are not playing well as a team right now.

Biggest holes in the team? Wilson? Ginn?

4. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    gonna be a long season

with the jets playing well
    the bills not too shabby
    and oh yea the Patriots have that tom brady guy back

kill me now

TheMageGandalf likes this.
  5. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    That was pathetic. It was pathetic because of how dominant the ground game was. This will be a long season. It's also going to be a long day at work tomorrow because I'm too pissed to sleep. They should have won that comfortably, a complete defensive collapse and a receiver that can't make a big play. That TD was his for the taking, it was time to be a hero but poor Ted Ginn did not answer the call. Whine about him not deserving the blame but we found out tonight that he is not a star and in all likelihood never will be.

6. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    It's hard to say what the biggest hole is since a new unit fails every week. I wonder which unit will blow it next weekend? 0-3 here we come!

TheMageGandalf likes this.
  7. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Pick 32 baby
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Next weekend: LT and Darren Sproles rush for 200 yards but Phillip Rivers throws 4 INTs

Chad throws for 5 TDs but Ronnie and Ricky combine for -5 yards rushing

yet the Dolphins lose 38-35

texanphinatic likes this.
  9. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    :sidelol: and 0 and 16 thread. :lol: That just made me laugh. Thanks!

anlgp likes this.
  10. anlgp

not trying to be funny but you're welcome i guess :up:

11. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i dont like the title, because i think this thread needs to be here, and its not overreacting, its expressing displeasure. 0-16, no. sky is falling? we were never contenders anyway. pissed? yes.

what pisses me off is many things. our safeties cant even cover TEs or H-backs. they're little fast linebackers. our corners are fine, but you need safeties to compete in this league, and ours are killing us. as are our ILBs. we are weak right up the middle. peezy and JT are old. where are our linebackers in the near future? we're npt getting it doen, and no one is making plays

pennington is off the mark. he is missing on passes that he should be making, that manning and good qbs make. we shouldve had early tds to fasano and ginn. ted ginn is what we thought he was, a decent WR. he'll never be great. we need to use him like philly uses desean jackson. he has homerun capability, but he not the gods damned guy you go to with the game on the line, because he can't produce. put him back and let him take 3 kick-offs a year to the house for us.

the announcers were spot on. we have no explosion and we have no playmakers. no one to go to. no one to step up. we control 4 quarters but just cant win. this one hurts. now we got Diego on a short week on the road. im tired of the **** starts.

12. anlgp

i second the motion that the thread title be changed to reflect equal displeasure yet still reflect the 'official' status (if the forum would have it).

we were so good on offense today and yet... boom, blew it somehow.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  13. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Anyone pointing a finger at Pennington needs to look at our 3rd down conversion rate....and Ted Ginn's 2 TD drops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    At this point who do we need more, Eric Berry, or Arrelious Benn/Dez Bryant?

15. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    he had several opportunities to push the ball downfield with open receivers, but failed. and he failed to hit open guys in the endzone in the second quarter.

dont get me wrong, im not calling for chads head. i dont want him benched. but he botched at least a half dozen plays. plays that, if he makes, we win.

16. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    its like a boxing match where you knockdown the opponent a few times but in the end the sucker knocks you out instead

17. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I know, but I found it funny, because I was thinking of some of my early over reactions, and just the thought of 0 and 16 made me laugh. Its not THAT bad :lol: I dont know, for some reason it ammused me! :up:

18. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Hey now, I dont know about that.

I for one still think we can recover and get that East Championship again if we can get our heads out of our asses and get on a roll.

Will it be tough? Sure.

Am I usually very critical during a loss? Hell yeah.

But I cant honestly say that the last 2 games have said that we are a bad team. I Just think we need to get it all rolling together and we'll be OK.

Now, San Diego is usually kind to us so lets hope we can get to 2-2 and right this ship before it snowballs on us.

At least I hope so man I am going to be 31 this year and the last time we made the Superbowl I can barely remember jack s**t from that year so as far as I am concerned I have been a fan for a long time now and starting from 1988 forward all I have is that we are good but not good enough memories of this team.

19. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    And anyone defending him needs to realize that the only time the offense was truly dominant or dangerous out there tonight, was when Penny was on the sideline.

You take away the wildcat and the way it helped us control the clock and we got Penny out there having to throw 40 times to try and catch up to the Colts. You take the wildcat away tonight and we lose by 3 touchdowns or more.

20. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    Chad Pennington has undone in 2 games the miraculous performance that won him comeback player of the year and an NFL miracle 10 game improvement to win the division in 2008.

We should trade Ronnie for whatever we can get. A 4th will be fine. I like that TE from Arkansas State better anyway.

Sparano is a joke. The wildcat, while ridicuously effective is the whole reason this team is not a contender. Wannstedt's 2 yards and a cloud of dust approach is sorely missed.

Ted Ginn, and his inability to not be overthrown on every route he busts open is making me wish we had Brady Quinn. At least that 0-2 QB can throw deep.

Parcells is overrated, and so is J-Lo's booty.

I'm 100% kidding btw. Shame on the paranoids who agreed with me.

With 3:13 left in the game, Pennington and or Henning blew the game with a severe lack of urgency in getting plays in and running the offense. The defense was pathetic tonight. But with limited action, it's hard to blame the unit that was up against the best quick strike QB in the NFL. Marino used to do that time and time again.

I'm angry, dissapointed, and beside myself that the Phins blew that game. But I can still assess this team without the sky is falling hyperbole.

Tough road trip against another struggling team, but Miami has a very good chance in San Diego.

TheMageGandalf and Alex44 like this.
  21. Gitrdone

Gitrdone New Member

May 22, 2009
    Canada EH!
    And the Fasano drop.
    And the 4th and 1 FG kick instead of having balls to go for it.
    And the FG miss.
    And the crappy coverage we had on their TE.

22. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Actually it's been the last three that he's looked journeyman-esque

23. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    God I'm having flashback to that Patiots game wheere Chambers dropped that TD pass.

God damn it Teddy, you ****ing had that, how about we dont draft any OSU WR unless his name rhymes with Paul Warfield?

24. anlgp

I think I'm no longer on pissed off watch.