1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

0-10 Sux...but in hindsight...we needed this

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by vt_dolfan, Nov 25, 2007.

1. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Now that the nausea of such a horrible season has started to wear off, I am beginning to consider that maybe, just maybe, this is exactly what we needed. A little re format of the hard drive, if you will.

You look at so many other teams, say the Niner's for example, and they dont seem to have much to look forward to. We arent in that boat. Im actually starting to enjoy watching our new "young" team develop every week. Ginn has the makings of a great WR. Actually...hes even farther along than I had hoped at this point. Very good route running...soft hands...and the speeeeed Our O line is coming along very, very nicely. No sacks last week in Philadelphia? Sure we lost....but no sacks?

I think we all have the feeling that we finally have our young QB. One to builld around....one who wont just "not lose the game"...but one who will "will" our team to victory. He hasnt played much....but that gut feeling is there. John Beck is gonna be real...real good. Dont you agree?

Our secondary is getting some great play...especially out of our young safety position.

I get the sense that we are building a team to compete year in and year out again...getting back to the winning ways that we as Dolphans expected. We have a GM and Coach who recognizes we need to build through the draft, not supplement our team with it.

So....0-10 be damned...Im excited about our team...whos with me?

2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Unfortunately, this team had to be torn apart and retooled. It will continue for another year or two, but it's already showing signs of life each week so it helps keep hope alive. Definately not pretty now, but neither is the mudhole a skyscraper is built on, but the end result rests on a solid foundation.

3. femalefinfan

femalefinfan Phillies fan Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    I agree that rebuilding is a must, and this crappy season is whats making so many people realize it. The thing that bothers me about 0-10 is that 4 or 5 games were decided by 3 points. That means we were in it and fighting. I'd almost rahter be blown out then get my hopes up then smashed every weekend

4. mnfinfan

mnfinfan Active Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    Grand Cayman and Minnesota
    My dad and I were talking about this point last week, and I agree, it is heartbreaking to LOSE so many games but such a small margin, rather admit to rebuilding and be completely awful than be so close and give me hope and then crush it like a roach under a heel.

5. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I couldn't disagree more. I enjoy watching the games, especially the ones that the phins are in. Loosing sucks, but hope springs eternal, and I am much more entertained when it seems they have a chance. Some people just want to see wins. I understand this, but I want good games. I want drama. If I was player, I’d want to crush everyone and blow them out, but as a fan I like excitement. This would not be my favorite season if I were a Pats fan, they had what? Two games that were worth watching?

Don’t misunderstand me WINNING at the end of the game is important, but for me, it isn’t the end all be all. At least for this year. Now if I felt that the team had no chance to win, or wasn’t taking baby steps toward that championship each week, I’d probably have a different opinion. I don’t think we are Tampa in the 70s, I think we will be turning it around. If I didn’t think this, you could take your drama and shove it.

6. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I can never get excited about being the laughingstock of the league.

I know every team needs to bottom out at some point in time but the process sucks. We would not be going through this though if Wannstedt had any idea what the NFL draft is about.

7. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

If you somehow construed me as being excited being 0-10...not so. I simply meant that you can only hang your head for so long..before you start to try and look at the positives. And, I dont think we are the laughing stock of the league. Especially after Monday night......WOOOT!!!!

8. femalefinfan

femalefinfan Phillies fan Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    I think you misunderstand me. I do love the drama and the excitement of the close games. But at the same time, its killing me. All I'm saying is that losses when its close hurt more then blow outs.

9. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Another silver lining to being so bad this season is if we do indeed get the #1 pick essentially we will have two first rounders because of the Pats forfeiting theirs because of spygate. We would really have the #1 and #32 picks.

10. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Perhaps...

I just hope that we dont have a problem signing the 1st pick and have him missing camp and comming in at the end of August.

11. FINintheMOON

FINintheMOON Moderator Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    You guys realize, I hope, that our beloved FINS were the winningest team in the NFL up to 2002 I think... Granted, it is a LOVE/HATE type of thing winning so much and NOT getting the crown.

We really needed this season... This season allows for the mistakes of bad drafts under Wanny and a few by Saban... We need this season to cleanse the pallet for a better tasting wine that will only get better with age.

12. Finominal

Finominal New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Blowouts are demoralizing and reflect a lack of heart in a team. That is inexcusable. I think 0-10 is totally unacceptable. We have been horrable on special teams this year. That alone has cost us some close games. I think good coaching results in execution on Sunday. We need some play makers for sure, and I am real happy we are getting rid of receivers that can't catch, etc. The coaches have to run what they brung. The guys who are on the roster need to execute and make the win happen, I don't care if they are Spielman picks, rookies, or whatever. No excuses for 0-10. This did not need to happen. There's suppose to be parity.

13. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    We are the laughing stock and will continue to be so until next season. If we go 0 - 16 we'll be the joke of football until we become a playoff team again.

14. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, 0-10 does suck, we all knew that it was coming though, we had empted the cupboard and not refilled it in years.

WE finally are playing the young guys, and we finally have a QB prospect and a deep threat Wr and our Oline has played well.

So all we can do is look at the positives and suffer the growing pains.

15. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Yeah I agree, but Wayne's proclamation combined with the probability of a lineman as the pick would seem to work in favor of getting a deal done in time. In fact, if the Dolphins decide to keep the pick they may have a deal in place before the draft.