1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I keep getting disconnected while playing Madden online?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by bg34, Aug 29, 2009.

1. bg34

bg34 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Virginia
    EVERY TIME I try to play a game either with friends or random people, I get disconnected and it gives me a loss. Some games I'm winning too. What happens is the game freezes, then I get message sayin "the connection to your peer has been lost"..followed by "you have lost connection to ea servers". But then once back in lobby I'm connected still? I have Comcast hi-speed internet with a belkin router. I'm playing with a WIRED connection. Is it something as simple as my router screwing up intermittently? I've heard something about forwarding ports? I just don't know...

2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Do you have any other computers that are also turned on and in the area of your wireless network?

I have found that my laptop's activity can make my PS3 drop its connection. Even if I am not USING the laptop, if I have Bitcomet downloading stuff, or Skype running in the background on the laptop, it can interfere with my PSN log-0in. Then I get a meesage like yours, even though my INTERNET connection is still fine.

It just seems like certain types of programs using the wireless connection interfere with one another. Call of Duty was the same thing for me.

3. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    To be honest I think it may just be the EA servers. I game online all the time and I never have the disconnection problems I have with EA. I would try all the advice people give you but from what I have seen on both the Xbox 360 and PS3 that EA servers just aren't that good.

This is more useful information than help I know but maybe it helps in some way.

Bpk likes this.
  4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Tonight I played online and it seemed like two things increased my chances of losing connection:

1) Pausing and going into in-game menus frequently

2) Being wireless instead of plugging the blue ethernet cable straight from the router into the system. Get wired. It may help.

5. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Yeah that sounds about right, especially number 1. :lol:

Last year I played NCAA 09 a lot online since I was in a dynasty league and I remember when I would play the CPU online things would go great but when I would play another user I would get disconnected several times and sometimes would even have to sim the game. I was at first using my PS3 on wireless but then I switched to wired and it still didn't help. I even tried playing with the ports on my router to help but it did nothing, but going wired seems to help people so that is worth a try (although my 360 is wired and I can never play a whole game on Madden 09).

Basically just try going wired, playing with your router ports, etc. and something may finally stick.