1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Draft Predictions

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by UCF FINatic, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Which new breed of TE's can't block?

2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Green has the body to add 10-15 lbs of muscle assuming he has the work ethic, as a pass catching threat he looks to be the real deal though.

3. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Jimmy Graham, Fred Davis, Jared Cook, Finley, Brent Celek isn't that great, neither is Dustin Keller.

Finley couldn't block anyone coming out either... He was labeled a tweener like Green.

If you don't think Green is on our board at all, who do you think we would draft TE wise? I am just curious...

4. Jcouch1021

Jcouch1021 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    Fleener - egnew

5. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    Thing with that is Fleener is going to be a 1st round pick and with Egnew I am just not really sold on.

6. Jcouch1021

Jcouch1021 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    I think fleener could drop. Nines and giants people are thinking? I can see giants drafting LB, and miners drafting a WR. If not fleener I do like Allen who seemed to have dropped off many peoples boards

7. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    SF has a full roster of WR's at this point not sure they plan on grabbing ANOTHER one.

8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I'm not saying you don't need to block. I'm saying it's easy to learn if you have the right attitude and are taught to. As for the upside, I don't see Green as a guy with great potential, but I would say the same about Clay. It would be more about doubling up for me.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  9. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I could see Fleener going as early as 19 to Chicago or dropping into the second. My feeling is that most, but not all teams should have him as the top TE (maybe 2/3). Most years you get no more than 1 TE in the first (usually late). I know that everybody thinks that with the year Gronkowski and Graham had that TEs will be in high demand, but I don't know that NFL decision makers change their views that quickly. Sure, they'll copycat the TE usage, but the ingrained belief is that you can get a good TE in the second and third or later. Those beliefs will only be changed slowly.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think you could make the case that Fleener could be the most dangerous and versatile offensive player in the draft, not to many guys on the planet can do things that fast, that coordinated, at 6'6 250 lbs..I see his talent deserving to go top 20..

11. Mudder

Mudder New Member

Mar 21, 2012
    I think the Fleener bandwagon is running full steam and his draft position will move up accordingly, probably to more than he's actually worth. I think we could wait and see if Fleener is there in the 2nd, and that would be a good spot. Orson Charles and Dwayne Allen should both be 3rds, and both would have value there. I'd be fine going with Fasano and Clay and loading up on WR in the draft, it's a much deeper position than TE. Heck, Alshon Jeffrey is practically a TE as is.

12. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Don't get me wrong. I think Fleener is worth the high pick, but I also was screaming for Miami to take Hernandez in the third (or second, if necessary) in his draft. I just find that attitudes in the NFL change slowly when it comes to position values. Parcells loved Graham, but wouldn't take him in the second for no other reason than he was a TE. I have no doubt that his isn't an isolated opinion.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  13. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    His lack of production in college wasn't another factor?

14. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Jimmy Graham for one is a tight end whose blocking is much better than you're giving credit for. Terry Malone has done an outstanding job.

Since when are we making cases for Fred Davis and Jared Cook? Celek similarly has become a much better blocker.

Again, of the top 12 tight ends in the NFL, only one you could make a case for as an average blocker - Finley.

I'm not discounting Green as a player. But as a player for Miami? Especially when Philbin has already talked of his excitement about using Clay as a TE.

15. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007

Sorry, I missed off your last question; Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen. Prototype do it all types. There's a lot of later guys I like with upside, kid at Washington, Josh Chichester,DC Jefferson, the Dunsmore kid, Brandon Barden, George Bryan etc.

16. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    and Green also poses as a guy you can groom into being your future #1 to replace Fasano while Clay remains the #2. I don't have a problem using a 4th or possibly our second 3rd on any potential future #1 TE upgrade.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  17. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Fleener is not yet a complete TE, so I don't see him as a lock for the 1st round. If he were already a maintained 255 lbs and already an established blocker, then I'd say he never escapes the first.

18. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    .... just like the media & fan driven Mallett bandwagon had him moving up into the top half of the first round, potentially to Minnesota at #12? That's not a slight on Fleener fans b/c I'm one of them. Just saying- a media or fan driven bandwagon doesn't mean much come draft day.

19. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    not to mention, the one who just set an NFL TE receiving record just so happens to be one of the better blocking TEs in the game, and even he escaped the 1st round.

Then you look at the main reason Pettigrew is one of only two 1st round TEs selected the past 3 years---- "He's NFL ready and is like having an extra tackle on the field.". IIRC his size, completeness, and ability as a blocker is what secured his 1st round value despite concerns about his receiving ability at the NFL level (namely his ability to separate).

20. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Parcells' quote was something along the lines of "we really liked Graham, but you can't take him that early b/c he's a TE".

Fin-Omenal and ToddsPhins like this.
  21. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    LOL!

Have you listened to yourself? Seriously, come out and say it.

22. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    To be fair, Gronkowski only escaped R1 because of concerns over that back injury that forced him to miss most of his last season.

ToddsPhins and Stitches like this.
  23. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Parcells was quoted as saying that he wanted to take Graham in the 4th round , and told Sean Payton he made a good choice for Graham in round 3.

Of course Payton knew more than Parcells as he stated right after the draft that Graham was going to be elite. Payton properly guaged where he could get great value , Parcells did not. This is part of being reactionary or visionary , and I am still looking for Miami to iniate as opposed to being late for the party. We'll see if that changes this draft , I sure hope so.

24. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    What did I miss that I should've come out and say? That it's the NFL making the picks, not the fans & media?... and that the fan/media consensus or majority isn't always on the same page?

Hey, I was riding shotgun in the James Casey bandwagon that thought he was worth our second 2nd in '09..... but the NFL saw differently.

25. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    ToddPhins got banned?!?!??!?!

I was looking forward to seeing him sport a sig that said "I am UCF FINatics b*tch" lol